Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #57
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
My reaction to this was "meh". Gameplay. Franchise mode. Both of those carry far more importance for me than online team play. I've played five on five with FIFA and random players turn it into a complete joke at times.
Not to mention players hijacking the game. I get it in MyPark 4v4 or ProAm where a player will bail to the side line for a while as you're not feeding him the ball.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:05 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I don't claim to know what they worked on or how hard it is..I know the work they do in 1 year cycle sucks and is rushed, so they are hard pressed..but wouldn't say it was revamped either..I'll say this and based solely on my opinion...
1. "Game planning" was nothing more then added bonus to ur players ratings on specific play calls, which if used fully by a HUM put the CPU at huge disadvantage, because they only obtained one level no matter what
2 "play the moment" was more geared for someone who doesn't want to spend all day playing..not bad idea
3. "Big Decision" was already in the game..but now had it own area (streaming of menus)..what I mean by it was there already..this was nothing more then an alert box for players being hurt, needed to make cuts, signings, etc..all things which u already had to do anyway in previous versions
4. "Score ticker" again was in the game in the past cleaned up
5. "Full editing"..was in the game already, cleaned up with not as much glitches
6. "PS", was nice add but was minor in addition..was also in a handled version of the game in the past..now if they added to this inactive and active game day rosters too..would have been huge..
7. "tendencies" not sure what u mean by this but the CPU does not pick up on ur play call tendencies if that is what u meant
8. "player focusing" again not sure what u mean but didn't see anything in this years game which would fit in this, I could be wrong, but bought game at release and still play it.

I do believe they had to do some revamping to CFM i.e. Menus/layout..it was slow, unresponsive, and not user friendly..still isn't great..but better..what I and some others think of revamping..it would have included:

*more coaches (o/d coordinators, position coaches) *game day rosters i.e. Active inactive
*better salary cap management and abilities
*better injury system, wear and tear etc
*correct cut down days
*better trade logic
*better draft logic
*a scouting combine
*better overall experience with yearly draft more presentation but I included it
*retired players coaching
*weekly updates, NFL channel etc, again more presentation
**and most of all, Fixing CPU O/D game plans which haven't been address since the star system was dropped...
I won't touch on player holdouts..or maybe a system to indicate a player unhappy with his contract or playing times..because I have funny feeling the NFL says "don't do that makes our brand look bad."

Edit: sorry forgot to mention the idea of 3v3 is great but unfortunately I don't play MUT so I won't be able to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks for the response. I personally do not play franchise in madden. Last time I played a franchise mode in a sports video game, it was in NCAA 14. I played online and thought it was a blast. I don't find madden's franchise mode appealing - for whatever reason. Like many other sports games, I play the modes I enjoy most and the ones I feel the game does well.

I also do not play MUT. I don't like the idea of making you're own fantasy team or trading cards. Never liked it, probably never will.... However I am going to give 3 v 3 an honest shot. Just like the new story mode. Sometimes it's good going into a game having an open mind. 3 v 3 could be the greatest thing that ever happened to madden and it would be a shame if people didn't at least try it just because it is in MUT.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-01-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #59
Rookie

All the TEAM based sports games should have elements of co-op. It might be difficult to implement, but ideally should be a goal for every development team of a simulation based sports title. I can only imagine what could be developed with the allocated resources for exclusive licensing deals focused into gameplay and customisation options.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #60
Just started!

I can't believe (well let's be honest I can) that Madden is screwing people over again. All we wanted was OTP back, the regular OTP where one would control each of the three major classifications on both sides of the ball. 3v3 how God intended it. Locks to QB, RB, WR, DL, LB, DB all of this made Madden OTP great. Now they are monetizing it for no apparent reason. I am beyond upset at this. I was excited to buy madden for the first time in since Madden 25 on the xbox one because all I did was play in the competitive team play leagues. Now that winning or losing will be solely based on how much money you can dump into the game and not based on actual skill, I'm throwing my $60 toward something else. I'll probably buy 2k. 2K football needs to hurry and make a return. Madden has been putting out the same trash game year after year and people only buy it because it's the only way to play the biggest sport in the U.S. in video game form. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 06-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #61
Rookie

I'm hot they had to tie this in with MUT.

2K's myplayer is worth the $ because that player is yours and is truly unique.

OTP was going to make me buy the game this year day 1. I won't be doin that now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBatmanx
I can't believe (well let's be honest I can) that Madden is screwing people over again. All we wanted was OTP back, the regular OTP where one would control each of the three major classifications on both sides of the ball. 3v3 how God intended it. Locks to QB, RB, WR, DL, LB, DB all of this made Madden OTP great. Now they are monetizing it for no apparent reason. I am beyond upset at this. I was excited to buy madden for the first time in since Madden 25 on the xbox one because all I did was play in the competitive team play leagues. Now that winning or losing will be solely based on how much money you can dump into the game and not based on actual skill, I'm throwing my $60 toward something else. I'll probably buy 2k. 2K football needs to hurry and make a return. Madden has been putting out the same trash game year after year and people only buy it because it's the only way to play the biggest sport in the U.S. in video game form. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Did you really say they are monetizing it for no apparent reason? They are monetizing it because they are a for profit company. In order to put the work in to develop it and put it out there and pay to cover the servers they monetize it. Everyone has bosses, and EA isn't in the business of charity, they are in the business of making money.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #63
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Did you really say they are monetizing it for no apparent reason? They are monetizing it because they are a for profit company. In order to put the work in to develop it and put it out there and pay to cover the servers they monetize it. Everyone has bosses, and EA isn't in the business of charity, they are in the business of making money.
Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the football video game business.................

Old 06-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #64
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS

Yeah, but this type of game mode update (allowing 3 v 3) is the type of game addition that should be covered under the $60 price tag for the game, itself. And, it's the type of gameplay option that should be available in all online game modes, CFM, play now, MUT, etc. Technically, u do not have to spend money in MUT, however, it helps. Do we know for sure this is ONLY in MUT? If so, the sheer appearance of adding a new multiplayer mode/format that is ONLY available in the game mode that can take extra money from u is highly suspect and shady at best. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »