Home

Old 06-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA Play

Is there gonna be a set time for the madden team to discuss the new features and what not similar to how they do it at E3? I haven't seen anything of the sort
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #2
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Play

Also wondering we will be getting any footage this year. Usually by now we've hear from a few saying off screen filming is banned but nothing this year. Crossing fingers we get more than just a trailer this year.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Rex posted on twitter that some videos may pop up but off screen filming will not be allowed this year. Never understood why they went to this rule.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Rex posted on twitter that some videos may pop up but off screen filming will not be allowed this year. Never understood why they went to this rule.
Probably just because it isn't the best representation of their game. Plus, not allowing off-screen filming and then allowing their content creators to capture gameplay directly from the system and post it allows them to dictate exactly what is shown and what is said.

Getting videos is always nice but all of last years videos seemed so disingenuous because of their cookie cutter nature. Every video was limited to like no more than five or so minutes and they all talked about the same things and how amazing it was. They're essentially just used as promos now.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Information is really lacking compared to what we got last year by this time.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Probably just because it isn't the best representation of their game. Plus, not allowing off-screen filming and then allowing their content creators to capture gameplay directly from the system and post it allows them to dictate exactly what is shown and what is said.

Getting videos is always nice but all of last years videos seemed so disingenuous because of their cookie cutter nature. Every video was limited to like no more than five or so minutes and they all talked about the same things and how amazing it was. They're essentially just used as promos now.

Yeah, does anyone remember how long it took to get vids last year after EA play? Was it like Monday? Or, was it a week later? I just can't remember and am curious if anyone does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, does anyone remember how long it took to get vids last year after EA play? Was it like Monday? Or, was it a week later? I just can't remember and am curious if anyone does.
I just searched for some EAPlay vids and all three of them were from June 20th of last year so about a week after EAPlay. I know they had the off-screen rule last year as well but there always manages to be some leaks.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #8
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Last year we had very little on day one. We had to wait for guys like EA Game Changers to edit what they captured . It was like 1-2 days later they posted their stuff.
Since it is a public event I would expect that 2-5% would sneak a cell phone or go pro and capture footage like last year.
I'm sure we'll def finally see madden in motion on day one via this community. I would also think Rex Dickson and Co would cater to this community and let our devs collect videos through the proper format to post .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »