Home

Any way to upgrade play ball trait on a LB?

This is a discussion on Any way to upgrade play ball trait on a LB? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any way to upgrade play ball trait on a LB?

Am I missing something or can you not upgrade this trait on LBs anymore. I can see that my LB is conservative by looking at the player card, but I don't see the option to change it on the traits screen...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 02:52 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Any way to upgrade play ball trait on a LB?

You can change them to safety/CB, upgrade their play ball trait, then change them back to LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Similar to HB's, in the upgrades screen for traits there is no ''High Motor'' trait. So you have to 1)Admin Edit or 2)Change the position to FB.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 06-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Similar to HB's, in the upgrades screen for traits there is no ''High Motor'' trait. So you have to 1)Admin Edit or 2)Change the position to FB.
I'm curious,what effect does the high motor have in regards to hb or fb? I've never noticed it for fb so I've never changed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
I'm curious,what effect does the high motor have in regards to hb or fb? I've never noticed it for fb so I've never changed it.

High Motor allows players to play up to the full potential of their ratings all game <<< (has always been my perception of it)

So think ''workhorse'' trait for lack of a better reference ala that ''other football game''.

OOTB only a couple HB's actually possessed the ''high motor'' trait, two of those backs were Adrian Peterson, & Todd Gurley. Hopefully that helps to frame it for you.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
High Motor allows players to play up to the full potential of their ratings all game <<< (has always been my perception of it)

So think ''workhorse'' trait for lack of a better reference ala that ''other football game''.

OOTB only a couple HB's actually possessed the ''high motor'' trait, two of those backs were Adrian Peterson, & Todd Gurley. Hopefully that helps to frame it for you.
Interesting. Thanks. I'll try that out

Old 06-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Phantom Spaceman's Arena

I've heard one one the devs say it is strictly a defensive trait. It determines whether a defensive player will get back up and back into the play after being pancaked and stuff like that. On offense I'm pretty sure it does nothing.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #8
Banned

On defense it makes your players get up faster from a block/knockdown and actively chase plays down. If you see a db who has it will attempt to make a play on ball even if he slightly beat. if they don't have high motor as LB they will let qb scramble out by giving up on play before its even down.

offense high motor means they won't give up easily on the line. so if they get beat they just don't stand around they try to recover.

for fb high motor helps with blocking because you will see your blocker play faster and aggressive compare to him taking his time on picking up blocks especially if highly rated.

WR it helps make them alittle bit moor aggressive by giving effort to make catch that you will notice some wrs give up on plays if you over throw for int.

RB means they will run like a mad man every play even if tired and run quality routes.

playing moor to level of attributes. Will also attempt to chase down player in int or fumble return by defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »