Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #81
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
I'm just happy seeing real college teams in a EA game. Gives me a little hope of a future return of a Ncaa game..
I can't like this enough brother...even though you're a Duke fan. #GoHeels

Last edited by Cam Fan; 06-10-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #82
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I thought the story mode in FIFA this year was laughably bad (just like the Spike Lee NBA 2k one). I guess there's data that shows this stuff helps move units? Otherwise, I can't understand the investment. Did anyone ever ask for this?
Old 06-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #83
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Arrow Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

Think of the additions they could've made to CFM with all the resources they poured into a mode that doesn't even have NFL games in it. I was actually looking forward to this mode but this sounds stupid now. Start with the combine. Go to the draft. Go to a team. Simple. Can't believe they messed this up.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
I'm just happy seeing real college teams in a EA game. Gives me a little hope of a future return of a Ncaa game..
Oh boy....

If they gave us about 8-10 teams (College) I would kill it in Classic rosters

Just give me generic players and with the ability to edit everything and I'll be in Football heaven

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-10-2017, 09:44 PM   #85
Rookie

Obviously EA has rights to create college content. Texas and Oregon both appeared in Madden trailer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick p
Obviously EA has rights to create college content. Texas and Oregon both appeared in Madden trailer
They have the right to put Oregon and Texas uniforms in the game. Completely fictional players.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #87
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
"You never play an actual NFL game"

ummm what????

So the story mode Long Shot experience never actually plays in an NFL game ....in a Madden NFL game.

LOL. Are we serious right now?

At first I was like WTF, you don't even get to play an NFL game, but now I'm like "So." I'm actually excited their doing something new. We all complain about how routine the series has become in certain areas, how stale it's been, and now their doing something different and creative and everyone is so negative about it.

I used to be the guy who wanted a franchise mode and owner mode to get a team to the super bowl and draft players the following year etc. That was me 5-10 years ago. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually played the franchise mode and got to week 8. I usually only do Play Now with my siblings or play games online, nothing crazy competitive though.

Their branching out and I'm actually excited now. I enjoy playing Madden and this new mode, even though it doesn't lengthy will at least keep me entertained.

The good thing here is their not removing any of the other features, so people who want owner mode and the other stuff, it's still there. This is to draw in a new crowd.

My brother in law picked up 2k17 for me and my wife and she was hooked on their "super star " story mode. She played it until the end and she doesn't care for the career mode etc, I don't know what hooked her, but something in that story mode got it. After she beat it, she never picked up the game again. I see this feature here in a similar light. Everyone who wants the hardcore owner mode, it's still here, this is to draw in the crowd that likes movies like Friday Night Lights, the casual gamers who dip in Madden but don't do so every year, or better yet, this mode like in my case appeals to my wife who won't care touch the owner/franchise mode of any sports game.

Last edited by marshallfever; 06-10-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #88
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

Well at least we know what Madden 19 story mode will be...

I don't understand why these modes are so short instead of building the skeleton and then adding more meat as the years progress. Playing no NFL games in this literally means there will no connection between the player's story and his career assuming you can just continue into being a player. I would rather see them have something like Combine/Draft, training camp,1st Pro Bowl, Super Bowl, retirement/Hall of fame interactions and cut scenes and then build off of that. Having the mini games and "Gruden" style camp is cool and should help some of us learn a thing or two but could have been added next year. We do have branching stories though which provides some excitement

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »