Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
What does the whole playable movie thing even mean? You get to watch games and play the important situation? I'm really starting to feel there won't be any full games being played in this mode and it bums me out
It really bums me out too. This year, I feel like this mode only deals with drills that's it. I saw 7x7 padless drill in an article. Starting in Regional Combine, than Combine. There will be decision making things, but I don't you even play a game at all.
I don't see the fascination in making the direction of this game being Cinematic. I don't want watch a football movie, I want to play a football game.
I will just do player mode in CFM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #106
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

And now I know Mahershala Ali, the saving grace of all of this, won't make it. Nothing like spoilers a few months ahead of time. Whoop!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 PM   #107
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It really bums me out too. This year, I feel like this mode only deals with drills that's it. I saw 7x7 padless drill in an article. Starting in Regional Combine, than Combine. There will be decision making things, but I don't you even play a game at all.

I don't see the fascination in making the direction of this game being Cinematic. I don't want watch a football movie, I want to play a football game.

I will just do player mode in CFM

Yea but player mode CFM is just so dry and boring. If any they had the foresight to combine the two modes lol. Seriously usually when we get a new engine we get a stripped down version of the game in some manner, I'm glad they got what seems to be the foundation for the mode in. I don't think it's unreasonable that they ran out of time and just couldn't get the mode finished for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Yea but player mode CFM is just so dry and boring. If any they had the foresight to combine the two modes lol. Seriously usually when we get a new engine we get a stripped down version of the game in some manner, I'm glad they got what seems to be the foundation for the mode in. I don't think it's unreasonable that they ran out of time and just couldn't get the mode finished for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or at least just wait until next year when it is completely finished.

Player mode CFM is dry and boring at times. But it seems better than this mode this year. If they could just add cutscenes to that mode, then that would be great.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:21 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Not my cup of tea.

Even though I wouldn't play it much*, I was hoping for a more open ended career mode that had microtransactions. I know what you are thinking, "this dude was hoping for microtransactions? Has he bumped his head?"

If it generates revenue they could increase their budget. I don't think it is a coincidence that 2k can make the improvements to NBA each year after myplayer took off.

But now you guys get a linear story without microtransactions which means instead of adding to the team's resources it only takes away.

*I'd probably run a career mode if I could play as a CB and it was a deep mode.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Not my cup of tea.

Even though I wouldn't play it much*, I was hoping for a more open ended career mode that had microtransactions. I know what you are thinking, "this dude was hoping for microtransactions? Has he bumped his head?"

If it generates revenue they could increase their budget. I don't think it is a coincidence that 2k can make the improvements to NBA each year after myplayer took off.

But now you guys get a linear story without microtransactions which means instead of adding to the team's resources it only takes away.

*I'd probably run a career mode if I could play as a CB and it was a deep mode.
I'm pretty sure there are many people who spends hundreds of dollars a year just in MyPlayer. So they're making millions of dollars alone in just microtransactions
Old 06-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #111
MVP

Totally......NOT interested. The only thing I can imagine is the time and effort put into this could've been better utilized in franchise, CFM, half time shows, pre game shows, etc. I'm pretty sure that was LOTS of dev time. Wasted in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'm pretty sure there are many people who spends hundreds of dollars a year just in MyPlayer. So they're making millions of dollars alone in just microtransactions
Exactly. I really don't think they could justify separate myleague and myGM modes if it wasn't for that extra revenue.

If a career type mode is going to be in the game anyway, have microtransactions and kick some of that money to franchise development lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »