Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #145
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

No. No NFL game. I think they either wanted that, and didn't have time. Or, they may have a strategy to go year to year to year. This one def does not go into the NFL and u do not play an NFL game. However, perhaps, in M19, u enter the NFL, play a game or 2. Who knows? How bout this:

M19. U play 1-3 seasons or various important games in those seasons. They set it up so u get to the Super Bowl but LOSE!!
M20. U get back to the Super Bowl after facing your main rival in playoffs and beating them. U win this time. You're the super bowl MVP.
M21. You've now won 5 Super Bowls, and need one more to beat tom Brady. Lol. U win another and become the GOAT!!!
M22. New character created. Whole sequence repeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #146
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
No. No NFL game. I think they either wanted that, and didn't have time. Or, they may have a strategy to go year to year to year. This one def does not go into the NFL and u do not play an NFL game. However, perhaps, in M19, u enter the NFL, play a game or 2. Who knows? How bout this:

M19. U play 1-3 seasons or various important games in those seasons. They set it up so u get to the Super Bowl but LOSE!!
M20. U get back to the Super Bowl after facing your main rival in playoffs and beating them. U win this time. You're the super bowl MVP.
M21. You've now won 5 Super Bowls, and need one more to beat tom Brady. Lol. U win another and become the GOAT!!!
M22. New character created. Whole sequence repeated.
They definitely wanted it. They spent four years on this, they had time to do literally whatever they wanted. I think they plan on doing it year-to-year and essentially being a campaign mode for Madden. I saw a similar thought posted on Reddit:

Quote:
Only to be continued... Buy Madden 19 to see how your guy does in his rookie season! Featuring all new voice overs by popular retired stars!
And coming in 2020, can you sustain the success of earning OPOY in your sophomore season to make a Pro Bowl?
Then, in 2021... Individual acclaim is great, but it's time for the team to step up. Will Devin finally lead his team to a Wild Card playoff spot?
In 2022, can you win a playoff game?
In 2023, can you make it to the Super Bowl?
In 2024, after a disappointing loss in the Championship, can you finally win it all?
In 2025, can you come back from injury, or will a talented rookie steal your spot?
He was being sarcastic but I could definitely see them going down that path.

And despite what Rex said about them being able to jump off depending on community feedback I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell it goes anywhere any time soon. It's obviously the higher ups baby and you're not going to spend four years and take so many resources away from other parts of the game just to bail after one no matter how badly it's received.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #147
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Really looking forward to this, loved FIFAs story mode and this will be even better since I love football even more than soccer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-14-2017, 03:45 AM   #148
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Really looking forward to this, loved FIFAs story mode and this will be even better since I love football even more than soccer!!!

You can play games in FIFA tho.........
Old 06-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #149
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

I'm with you on this one. I've never played any story mode in sports games before but this looks fun. I know people are all worked up about not being able to play an NFL game but I'm looking forward to playing Pop Warner, 7-on-7 and especially for my team the Texas Longhorns. This will be a fun little mode to hold me over until the opening week rosters release for CFM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #150
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I'm with you on this one. I've never played any story mode in sports games before but this looks fun. I know people are all worked up about not being able to play an NFL game but I'm looking forward to playing Pop Warner, 7-on-7 and especially for my team the Texas Longhorns. This will be a fun little mode to hold me over until the opening week rosters release for CFM.

I agree with that. My big questions are do you actually play a full game in pop warner or at Texas? And How long does it take to beat the mode?

It would be disappointing if you only play a few snaps of a game and just see cinematic scenes. It seems like this mode could be completed with a few hours. That would be very disappointing
Old 06-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #151
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

The way they've described the Longshot timeline so far is that it takes place between the Combine and the Draft. My bet is that all the games will be flashback memories or flashbacks during interviews to determine your answer, with the result of all the flashback results and answers determining your draft position and which of the various endings you will get.

Whether the flashbacks will allow a full season of High School/College football etc or whether it will be a Play the Moment style storyline with a few scripted games I have no idea? I'm hoping it is enough games to feel satisfied and with the absence of NFL games it needs to feel like enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #152
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
You can play games in FIFA tho.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23

Yeah, I don't get that decision either. As someone said, why not just make it so your character can be added to whatever team drafts you and story mode then ends and you play Superstar mode or whatever? But with that being said I am still excited for the story mode. Maybe I'm a weirdo, at least here on OS, but this looks pretty cool to me.

I've enjoyed the story mode in sports games every since the Spike Lee NBA game story a while back. I think it really adds something a lot different than the typical exhibitions, online and season/franchise modes.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »