Home

10 minute video on more info of M18 Longshot

This is a discussion on 10 minute video on more info of M18 Longshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 04:40 AM   #9
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 10 minute video on more info of M18 Longshot

Once I read no playing NFL games I was done with this mode. From what I have been seeing so far a lot of people are saying the same thing. I'm sure if I get the game I will check it out on a nothing to do day. I just think putting something into an NFL game that doesn't allow you to play in the NFL is really stupid.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:04 AM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Once I read no playing NFL games I was done with this mode. From what I have been seeing so far a lot of people are saying the same thing. I'm sure if I get the game I will check it out on a nothing to do day. I just think putting something into an NFL game that doesn't allow you to play in the NFL is really stupid.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Rex say in the first Madden 18 TGH interview something to the affect of what they got done in 18 sets them up well for where they want to go with it next year when talking about story mode? I think this is just the beginning honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 07:05 AM   #11
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

OVR: 0

Odds are they removed superstar mode and under worked franchise mode this year for this 2 hour campaign mode lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #12
Rookie

Yeah no thanks, this is pretty much turning out exactly how I expected it would. Way too much time spent on a story mode quicktime event created for new people and children. Also probably more for MUT and hardly anything for people who enjoy Franchise mode because simply buying the game isnt enough for EA, they need to make money off of us for an entire YEAR.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The long and short of it (heh) is Longshot is not for you. Longshot is for someone who has never played Madden before and finds the game and its deep mechanics too intimidating to even consider.

Remember one-button mode from NCAA Football? I get the impression that Longshot is more-or-less equivalent to that; not necessarily in terms of profoundly nerfing the gameplay, but rather it acts as the first step in ramping up a new player who has literally never touched Madden before. It's a mode which exists to ease a new player into learning the core game mechanics - how to throw passes (the seven-on-seven drills), how to break tackles (the QTEs), learning football concepts in a low-pressure situations (the Gruden QB camp), and so on. It wraps all that teaching and ramping the user up the learning curve in an interesting story context which will encourage the user to move forward, as opposed to Skills Trainer which, while useful, lacks any and all context and doesn't keep a new player engaged.

Longshot, if pulled off successfully, will be great for the game because it will bring more people into playing Madden.
Yeah but how does that make the game itself better for the SIM crowd?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
This. I'd say it's a waste of resources, but it will ptobably make them money. So... a waste of resources for people who wanted vast Franchise mode improvements....
Old 06-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah but how does that make the game itself better for the SIM crowd?
Long-term, more total people playing Madden means more sim people playing Madden. Some of those new players who make it through the FTUE funnel will be guys who will bang on the table for Franchise just like anyone here.

It's not a zero-sum game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Long-term, more total people playing Madden means more sim people playing Madden. Some of those new players who make it through the FTUE funnel will be guys who will bang on the table for Franchise just like anyone here.

It's not a zero-sum game.

I have to disagree. I cannot see this being a feature that brings new players into the game. Just my opinion, of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »