Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #65
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I think you're right on the gameplay, for sure. And, as a CFM guy, I still prefer better gameplay to more CFM options, so I'm all in on this. People aren't talking as much about the legacy issues being cleaned up, partially because we don't know all of them, I'd say. But, if they really did clean up 40+ as Rex says, that could've been all I needed to buy this game. Lol. But, frostbite on top of that should make animations and overall graphics better and more realistic. And, I will def try out the reticle passing. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to gameplay, bigtime.
Yeah, and I know a lot of people feel this way which is why going all-in on gameplay is a good move because for a lot of people it will greatly make up for what franchise might be lacking. I lie more in the middle where gameplay is what gets me to play and franchise is what keeps me playing. So as great as the gameplay might be, if the franchise experience can't keep up and keep me hooked I become disinterested because I'm not really playing for anything. I played a ton of 17 for the first couple months and enjoyed the hell out of it but it was mostly just Play Now games which is only fun for so long. I tried getting into a couple CFM's but it's just not an enjoyable experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #66
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
10+ Years ago we were able to do custom DB/WR matchups. Why we still can't do that, no one will ever know.
10+ years ago, custom matchups was also a tool with which it very easy to catastrophically break your defense because it was designed poorly.

While we're comparing the new implementation to the old implementation, the new way doesn't require a game pause, which is a non-starter for the competitive / e-sports environment.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-12-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 19

Immediately after playing the game at EA Play, I remarked to Rex that folks are going to have to shut out the negative noise until they put some play time in for themselves.

There is such a huge leap this year with "Gameplay" that you can easily get caught up in the what is/isn't, should/shouldn't, that your mindset makes you miss the improved M18 Gameplay.

The Gameplay is totally different from past releases.
This alone will add freshness to the current Franchise mechanisms because gameplay/player differentiation was not there to justify investing time in those areas.

Gameplay has been greatly advanced, which means Player Ratings now allow Player Differentiation, which now impact the other Franchise Mode mechanisms and so on and so forth.

M18 is going to be a breath of fresh air for a lot of Offline players.

Can't wait until my digital copy is unlocked!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #68
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Immediately after playing the game at EA Play, I remarked to Rex that folks are going to have to shut out the negative noise until they put some play time in for themselves.

There is such a huge leap this year with "Gameplay" that you can easily get caught up in the what is/isn't, should/shouldn't, that your mindset makes you miss the improved M18 Gameplay.

This alone will add freshness to the current Franchise mechanisms because gameplay/player differentiation was not there to justify investing time in those areas.

Gameplay has been greatly advanced, which means Player Ratings now allow Player Differentiation, which now impact the other Franchise Mode mechanisms and so on and so forth.

We hear this type of stuff every year, but I do appreciate your post and your enthusiasm....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
We hear this type of stuff every year, but I do appreciate your post and your enthusiasm....
He understands the nuts and bolts of the inner workings pretty well.

Now, I'm not saying anything will happen between now and release, but if they don't mess with anything between now and release, he is a person you can rely on.

i do get your reservations based on past history, though.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #70
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He understands the nuts and bolts of the inner workings pretty well.

Now, I'm not saying anything will happen between now and release, but if they don't mess with anything between now and release, he is a person you can rely on.

i do get your reservations based on past history, though.

I second this, there are a small handful of people that I implicitly trust in the forum on madden knowledge and Khalib is one of them. If he is pleased, then that is a very good sign IMO.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 12

I am tired of hearing about how they are doing this and that to lay the ground for stuff down the road or in the future. This is ridiculous. They will not accept $10 for the game if I tell them I am laying the groundwork to pay them in the future. It is only because they have no competition that they can "lay the ground work for the future".

They should look at 2k and other developers who are hungry.

That being said, the game does look like it is shaping up to be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #72
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

If player differentiation is true, that would make me somewhat content when it comes to franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »