Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

I don't think that was necessarily a mistake by the AI. I think the guard and the fullback were supposed to block who they actually blocked by design. It's just that the LB was blitzing and it was a counter play which took too long to develop. This left the hole open for the LB to come through unblocked. Which is why you sometimes get burned by the blitz.

In a standard run play that back side backer would have to chase down the play if he blitzed.

Now, the one thing you can say is wrong in this situation is that the FB probably should have taken the blitzing LB since he was the first immediate threat because of the counter. But I am sure that type of thing is not programmed into the game properly. Or at least didn't work there.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #10
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

lol and the last few comments are exactly why EA hates these kind of videos.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh, this is the worst game ever!! I'm not buying!!! Lol. Just kidding. I do love the nitpicking sessions on the smallest of offscreen clips, though.

But, yeah, the blocking was a bit off. PVarck might be right. Maybe, that's the scheme. But, still, I've been wanting to see 'instant threat blocking' for years. And, with this one clip, it appears it's not in there. I'm still buying the game, FYI, but yeah, even in this little clip, it's tough not to judge that. I'd like a real NFL coach to chime in, honestly. Lol. U know? I mean, as PVarck is saying, u have an initial blocking scheme that you're going with. In the video game, u feel like the FB just HAS TO SEE the LB blitzing on the left. He's right in front of him. But, if his initial assignment is to come across the line and block to the right, maybe, even in real life, he's not going to pick up that blitz. In real life, things are moving so fast, u have to sprint to your assignment. But, it is totally frustrating. As a player, I notice the blitzing LB right away and u instantly assume your FB is going to pick him up, and then you'll search for blocks downfield after that and then WHAM!! No block 4 u!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #12
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
lol and the last few comments are exactly why EA hates these kind of videos.

When your so desperate for footage you breakdown an offscreen 10 sec clip lol. I'm itching for some footage to but we gotta be getting something next week from youtubers.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

.. I thought the animations looks pretty great. Blitzing linebacker looked good.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Yeah was going to mention the fb too... The failed play is all on his ai whiffing the lead block assignment. Urgh. Looks nice though

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app
Pretty sure that was a counter/counter trey, which means the FB did his job correctly according to the play design (perhaps not so much on reacting to the perfect blitz against the play-call). But yeah, that wasn't a zone run. The FB is supposed to lead the RB to the designated hole on that play, following the guard. But that kind of blitz is perfectly designed to stop that play.

Maybe a better FB adjusts his assignment mid-play, but technically speaking the FB went where he was supposed to.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
When your so desperate for footage you breakdown an offscreen 10 sec clip lol. I'm itching for some footage to but we gotta be getting something next week from youtubers.

I'll pass on the youtubers too.

It's mostly all canned and way to much yelling and screaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #16
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Updated the first page with another vid( very short). Even for low quality, you can tell the power of frostbite with the updated lighting

Last edited by Brooke2011; 06-13-2017 at 08:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »