Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This goes waaaayy back to the NFL 2k series. 2k and Visual Concepts decided to go with more realistic animations and less player control and madden and EA decided for more player control and less realistic animations (and foot planting, acceleration and deceleration).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I think the difference is there never really has been a penalty for immediately taking control the qb in madden and dropping them back an extra 5 yards or whatever. With the instant release defenders are given when the do eventually beat the blocker, it's almost necessary:

In the other game, doing that meant the des had a direct path to you. You learned to step up or move around to keep blockers between you and the defense quickly or took a lot of sacks.
I completely get both points. I joined these forums specifically because of 2k. I haven't play it for a few years but I don't think user controlled players handle that much differently than what is in madden right now. I will say I don't really do much cutting and juking and I know that stuff can get pretty unrealistic.

As for the pocket stuff kj, it would have never happened in madden with all the different types of players. With the new Sim mode, I don't see why the devs couldn't put this stuff in the game now. There shouldn't be an excuse anymore with things like "Not all players will enjoy playing the game with being pressured to stay in the pocket".

Again lets just hope for more footage.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-15-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #154
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I completely get both points. I joined these forums specifically because of 2k. I haven't play it for a few years but I don't think user controlled players handle that much differently than what is in madden right now. I will say I don't really do much cutting and juking and I know that stuff can get pretty unrealistic.

As for the pocket stuff kj, it would have never happened in madden with all the different types of players. With the new Sim mode, I don't see why the devs couldn't put this stuff in the game now. There shouldn't be an excuse anymore with things like "Not all players will enjoy playing the game with being pressured to stay in the pocket".

Again lets just hope for more footage.

I'm not expecting that. It would require a complete rewrite of the blocking logic and a completely different set of animations.

Basically that would mean the competitive and arcade would continue to have lineman stand in one spot for x number of seconds until the defender is released by the lineman. The sim mode would have animations where defenders are pushing guards into qbs faces, or getting moved inside/outside forcing qbs to move around in an actual pocket.

Not likely in my opinion. It's a part of the game that will probably always be madden love it or hate it.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #155
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah, and its just another stick in the craw when they say resources were devoted to a game mode alot of people wont play.
A lot of people will play Longshot. Maybe not a lot of OSers but like it or not story modes in sports games have proven incredibly popular.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #156
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

So if a lot of people play Longshot this year does that mean they will once again skip over CFM next year just to continue making Longshot?
Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #157
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
So if a lot of people play Longshot this year does that mean they will once again skip over CFM next year just to continue making Longshot?
no

10char
Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #158
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Unlikely because a framework has been set for story mode so it won't take near as many resources to add on to it after this year.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #159
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
A lot of people will play Longshot. Maybe not a lot of OSers but like it or not story modes in sports games have proven incredibly popular.
I get that... people are going to love it. But what I don't get is why add something like that when you still have core gameplay elements still on the table from 4 years ago. Things like interactive sidelines, dynamic weather, better player editing and franchise modes.

I know , I know , I know , it's something they can market and put on the back of the box. It all about the Benjamin's.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #160
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I get that... people are going to love it. But what I don't get is why add something like that when you still have core gameplay elements still on the table from 4 years ago. Things like interactive sidelines, dynamic weather, better player editing and franchise modes.

I know , I know , I know , it's something they can market and put on the back of the box. It all about the Benjamin's.
I know what you mean. I wish I could say they should just throw more people and money at it but it doesn't really work like that from what I understand. I will play Longshot and give it a chance. I have greatly enjoyed story mode in the past games like FIFA, NBA and MLB The Show.

But when I do the EA surveys that I usually do I will make sure to note your sentiment as well for Madden 19 because I share it 100%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »