Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #217
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Something inside what? I mean this has been going on for year after year after year.

Im not going to say I know anything about how the dev process works. But in reality, I just dont care as it is right now. Youve told us that this crappy "Longshot" took 3 to 4 years to develop, and that it AND NBA Live (who gives a flying rooster about?) have taken away resources.

So you basically cant fix the game because of those things. Thats all I hear. And evidence supports the claim.

I dunno, Ill try to be positive about it. But every so often no matter the sliders I use I see the stonewall or bust blocking and just want to cry.

I think Longshot was a brilliant idea, and I think it will be a big trend setter in sports games for the next several years. They're trying something different not just doing what everyone else has done. I am interested to see where they go with it in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #218
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think Longshot was a brilliant idea, and I think it will be a big trend setter in sports games for the next several years. They're trying something different not just doing what everyone else has done. I am interested to see where they go with it in the future.

To me Madden 18 is the future. I can't look beyond that at the moment.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #219
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Well it seems there are two sides then on Longshot. Either you love it and think its brilliant, or its terrible and just ruins the game and takes away resources that could have been used on other things.

3 to 4 years to make a 2 to 3 hour game mode? Where you hardly play, and never play in an NFL game? Just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

And then to kick us sim guys in the balls more with the "It has features you might like in CFM, check it out and give feedback!". Why not just put those freaking features in CFM?!?

Ive played RPGs since I was a kid, and even as a 12 year old powergaming, dice cheating little punk I hate linear stories. I want to name my guy, number him, choose his position etc etc.

Last but not least I want to play in NFL games. In an NFL video game.

This is all just my opinion though, and as a 42 year old gamer, ex military, I can be very opinonated.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #220
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Well it seems there are two sides then on Longshot. Either you love it and think its brilliant, or its terrible and just ruins the game and takes away resources that could have been used on other things.

3 to 4 years to make a 2 to 3 hour game mode? Where you hardly play, and never play in an NFL game? Just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

And then to kick us sim guys in the balls more with the "It has features you might like in CFM, check it out and give feedback!". Why not just put those freaking features in CFM?!?

Ive played RPGs since I was a kid, and even as a 12 year old powergaming, dice cheating little punk I hate linear stories. I want to name my guy, number him, choose his position etc etc.

Last but not least I want to play in NFL games. In an NFL video game.

This is all just my opinion though, and as a 42 year old gamer, ex military, I can be very opinonated.

There are 3 and a half hours, of cinematics alone. It's a 7-8 hour mode with multiple endings kinda like TellTale games.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #221
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

In terms of line play..PVarck31 posted a vid of a guy breaking down the line play in the *Cam Video*. In that vid the guy is fairly impressed with the line play...give it a look
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 AM   #222
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's easily the biggest flaw in the game. I'm actually surprised, I know it's near the top of Clint's to-do list.

As someone was saying earlier, it's a trade mark of madden since probably the ps1 days. People are so used to having a stonewall line and dropping back 10-15 away from it to see the defenders that break free that to do it any other way would create a huge backlash from long time madden players.

I'm sure Clint did work on it. I feel pretty confident what you see is what you get tho too.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #223
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
In terms of line play..PVarck31 posted a vid of a guy breaking down the line play in the *Cam Video*. In that vid the guy is fairly impressed with the line play...give it a look
I hope they continue to iron out the kinks and make sure DTs are getting more push up the middle. Overall, interactions look pretty good. In the new video, you see a play where the DE gets pushed to the ground by the RT and a DT get thrown down by a double team. It looked awesome.

The new longer video has sold me. DB/WR interactions are almost perfect. There is one play where a DB/WR went up for a pass. The interaction couldn't have looked more smooth.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #224
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

That new "8 minute leak" we've finally found the arcade game style rep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »