Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling? - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling?

This is a discussion on Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #25
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
If this is true in not buying for the first time in 10 years. That's inexcusable. That's literally all they needed this year

Well, on top of that, 16 had better scrambling from AI QBs, so it was already decent, and 17 actually took a step backwards somewhere. So, it'd be nice if it was a quick fix, but I don't think CPU AI is ever a simple fix. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #26
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
If this is true in not buying for the first time in 10 years. That's inexcusable. That's literally all they needed this year
I know it would sound silly to some but I stopped playing '17 last year and went back to '16 because of this issue and accuracy.Cpu qb's played much better and yes, even after the last patch, which was sometime in summer when many weren't playing it at that point.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know it would sound silly to some but I stopped playing '17 last year and went back to '16 because of this issue and accuracy.Cpu qb's played much better and yes, even after the last patch, which was sometime in summer when many weren't playing it at that point.

Lol. No doubt. I think I may have actually liked M16 better because of that as well. It's a close toss up. M17 added some more controls with the LT + RT stuff, and the addition of the swat. So, I want those new features. But, I think the overall game quality vs CPU was probably higher in 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2017, 06:52 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone seen any dev comments on tuning/fixing CPU QB scrambling tuck/run frequency? I have tweeted several devs and have not gotten any responses. Ive also asked some of the community members interviewing devs asking them to raise the question and no one has even asked.

This is a big deal for sim players who play vs CPU or coach only (like me).

It was working in M16 but CPU qb scrambling tuck/run is broken in M17. How can such a big aspect of the NFL game go unacknowledged as to whether or not it has been addressed for M18? If Im playing against a mobile CPU QB and im running man defenses the CPU should eat me alive scrambling. This is non existent in M17.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Anyone seen any dev comments on tuning/fixing CPU QB scrambling tuck/run frequency? I have tweeted several devs and have not gotten any responses. Ive also asked some of the community members interviewing devs asking them to raise the question and no one has even asked.

This is a big deal for sim players who play vs CPU or coach only (like me).

It was working in M16 but CPU qb scrambling tuck/run is broken in M17. How can such a big aspect of the NFL game go unacknowledged as to whether or not it has been addressed for M18? If Im playing against a mobile CPU QB and im running man defenses the CPU should eat me alive scrambling. This is non existent in M17.
One of the main reason this goes unfixed is that EA concentrates on fixes for the user vs user online community first. They do not address the human vs cpu or Coach mode offline community as often. They want people to play head to head, online. They will throw us a bone now and then, but much of what has been reported regarding offline human vs cpu items goes unattended.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #30
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Yeah last year the head would only move
I'm guessing the shoulder turning thing will only be if you use target passing, which sadly (apparently) doesn't take ratings into account, making it a non-sim feature that has a sim animation (if my assumption is correct). Bravo.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
One of the main reason this goes unfixed is that EA concentrates on fixes for the user vs user online community first. They do not address the human vs cpu or Coach mode offline community as often. They want people to play head to head, online. They will throw us a bone now and then, but much of what has been reported regarding offline human vs cpu items goes unattended.
Hey capa!

Its a core gameplay sim element IMO. I popped in M12 and CPU mobile qbs will kill you on the ground. M12 also has the tuck/run qb trait which appears to have been removed for M17...

And it was working reasonably well in M16. NO clue how tiburon broke it and didnt bother fixing in M17.

But Im frustrated by repated attempts to get this clarified as to whether or not its been addressed for M18 and no devs have responded to any of us. Its a core element of the nfl game. It had to be fixed for m18. It would impact anyone who isnt playing human vs human, not just coach mode.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #32
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Hey capa!

Its a core gameplay sim element IMO. I popped in M12 and CPU mobile qbs will kill you on the ground. M12 also has the tuck/run qb trait which appears to have been removed for M17...

And it was working reasonably well in M16. NO clue how tiburon broke it and didnt bother fixing in M17.

But Im frustrated by repated attempts to get this clarified as to whether or not its been addressed for M18 and no devs have responded to any of us. Its a core element of the nfl game. It had to be fixed for m18. It would impact anyone who isnt playing human vs human, not just coach mode.
Generally speaking if they don't respond it's because it's not in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »