Home

Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling?

This is a discussion on Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #33
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling?

I went back to '16 last year after a game where I was playing the Panthers and watched Cam roll out and have about 20 yards open in front of him only to see him heave a floater around 30 yards down the middle of the field to a receiver that was covered. He could have easily gotten a first down but ran into an invisible wall.

I guess I'll go back to a '16 franchise and historic rosters if nothing has changed in this regard.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I have been a Madden addict forever and truthfully just go with the flow of whatever new features etc they come out with with. I use to be head to head only but with life getting in the way I no longer do large online franchises. Franchise mode being as bareboned as it is, it's even worse when every CPU team plays just about the exact same way. Random offensive plays and random defensive plays no scheme to speak of. On top of that to just have every QB make the same basic reads/ throw aways game after game just becomes numbing. I love to user the FS (ala Ed Reed) it is pointless vs CPU because the only throw you can bait them to throw is the slant flat combination. Making QBs more dynamic for both user and CPU would be a REAL game changer.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Hey capa!

Its a core gameplay sim element IMO. I popped in M12 and CPU mobile qbs will kill you on the ground. M12 also has the tuck/run qb trait which appears to have been removed for M17...

And it was working reasonably well in M16. NO clue how tiburon broke it and didnt bother fixing in M17.

But Im frustrated by repated attempts to get this clarified as to whether or not its been addressed for M18 and no devs have responded to any of us. Its a core element of the nfl game. It had to be fixed for m18. It would impact anyone who isnt playing human vs human, not just coach mode.
I keep coming across old faces. I remember you!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 11:26 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm not on Twitter to pursue this question with the developers, but it's a big one that I would like to see answered.

Specifically, will CPU QBs who can threaten defenses with their running ability do so? And will CPU QBs generally be more intelligent and take easy yards by ground when they're presented with the opportunity to do so?

Last year, you just didn't have to fear playing a guy like Newton or Rodgers or Wilson or anyone like that really. Those guys could pass, sure, but the running aspect of their game was never a serious consideration for me as a HUM defender. Not having to consider their mobility totally changed the game and rendered the CPU much less competitive when playing those kinds of QBs.

From an offline, sim perspective, getting this right would be a huge deal. I'd have to devote more attention and resources to defending elite double-threat QBs, and that chess match stuff is what my class of Madden gamer lives for.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:14 AM   #37
Rookie

This is such a important part of football Hope they fix it but so far no mention of it.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #38
MVP

This problem and the huge number of instant throw aways whenever you cleared the linemen made '17 a bad madden year in my opinion. Has aways none heard anything on any cpu AI changes at all?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

I miss the old days of being able to hit "Y" and bring up all the normal running features for the QB
Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tweeted rex and clint again on this topic this morning. No response yet. Ive seen no one from ea even acknowledging that this was even a problem in M17 which is very frustrating. Mobile qbs are a huge part of the nfl. To leave it broken (from a cpu qb perspective) is maddening. Pun intended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »