Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #49
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

So at the end of the day, who ultimately decides to add what features into Franchise Mode?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #50
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

The sad truth is franchise mode for madden (and other sports games) makes zero revenue for them after purchase. Zero.

We already know MUT (Diamond dynasty, MYteam etc..) make a crapton of money for these companies, we know this now, and it has been a priority for all sports games the last 5 years. The second ONE pack is bought for these card games, the company makes more money then it did with franchise. And we have all heard the type of money EA makes off these modes.

With that being said, now the story mode will try to attract new gamers who have never played madden, or are looking to get into it. I have already heard many gaming websites say they may actually try madden, get introduced to the sport through this story mode.

Lets face it, the casual gamer will try the mode out, most of us will maybe begrudgingly, but we will. The moment the Madden team sees that 80% of people tried the mode, and there was a 200-300k uptick in sales, they will call it a sucess (like FIFA did) and we will see it again next year, with the games now being played in the NFL.

Its the sad truth for us CFM'ers. But again, EA makes no money on franchise after the game is purchased.

Even 2k tried to monetize MYgm the first year it came out with VC, and got HUGE backlash for it.

This is true for all sports games, including my favorite The Show, the card game took off, and franchise has seen very minimal improvements since.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #51
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064

With that being said, now the story mode will try to attract new gamers who have never played madden, or are looking to get into it. I have already heard many gaming websites say they may actually try madden, get introduced to the sport through this story mode.
I think this is the big one...

EA knows that no matter what, there will be people that buy the game because

1. It is the only football game for the new generation consoles. So if you want to play football, this is it.

2. People like us. The hardcore fans that are going to buy it every year no matter what, that come to online forums to discuss the game, or that tweet at the developer to get news about it

3. People just looking to get the "upgraded version" Some people see there is a new Madden out, and they are just going to buy it.

But for EA, the big thing is attracting new people, because they now they are going to get all those sales I listed above. So as a company, why not make a brand new story mode and hope it attracts new players?

I am never going to be upset over a new addition to madden, however what I deeply fear with Madden is when they start to remove features.

What are they going to do with Madden 19 and Story Mode? Spend another 3-4 years developing a new story? Just scrap it all together? Give you the same story mode, but with a few tweaks? Will this continue to take away from CFM?

There are a lot of questions that have come up for me since EA Play.
Now with Draft Champions, MUT, Play Now, Story Mode, and Franchise are they going to have to split up their resources each year to improve these? Franchise Mode only makes up 20% of the game modes, and I really do fear for its' future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #52
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't like this news at all but, you could see it coming.

I do think improved gameplay and fixing gameplay legacy issues helps franchise mode a great deal. However the mode itself is way behind NBA 2k and The Shows franchise modes.

Clearly E-Sports and MUT are the devs top priorities. Can't say I blame them but, I am disappointed that CFM looks untouched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #53
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
CFM was put on the back table, yet, again.
"Yet again" is entirely unfair. There's no reasonable argument that it was put on the back burner for M17, M16, M15, M13, M12, or M10. Each one of those games offered significant additions and changes to the franchise experience. I'll allow M25 because the only thing that got added back there was Owner mode, which I've always felt was kinda superfluous, and M11 was an obvious off year IIRC.

Does it suck that franchise wasn't a focus this year? Yes. Absolutely. But let's evaluate this from a rational position rather than an emotional one. The sky isn't falling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
However the mode itself is way behind NBA 2k and The Shows franchise modes.
Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a deep single-player franchise experience, then sure, Madden isn't for you right now. You'll find better single-player experiences in The Show and NBA 2K, easily. However, Madden's multiplayer online functionality in franchise mode is best in class; the servers are reliable, the streamlining of the mode really helps keep leagues moving (my league got further this past year than any other league I've ever run), the servers are reliable, it's well-balanced experience in a multiplayer context, the servers are reliable... I could go on.

Also, the servers are reliable.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 19

I've Tweeted them several times to expand upon the Broadcast Cam that was supposed to immerse gamers like never before or at least throw in Custom Cam option.

I tried playing FIFA from the same Cam view as Madden and it's not the same.

Custom Cam could add a breath of fresh air by allowing the gamer to customize to a perspective they like to play from.

I just can't understand how folks can watch the game on tv then enjoy playing Madden from a different perspective/angle while at the same time asking that the game simulate what the see on tv.

Here's to hoping though.
Maybe it got included and is being kept on the down-low as a surprise like Player Editing.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Very disappointing to read about CFM. I did love the gameplay of 17, so maybe if its really improved I can over look the little love CFM received this year. Sounds like Draft Board is just fluff too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #56
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
"Yet again" is entirely unfair. There's no reasonable argument that it was put on the back burner for M17, M16, M15, M13, M12, or M10. Each one of those games offered significant additions and changes to the franchise experience. I'll allow M25 because the only thing that got added back there was Owner mode, which I've always felt was kinda superfluous, and M11 was an obvious off year IIRC.

Does it suck that franchise wasn't a focus this year? Yes. Absolutely. But let's evaluate this from a rational position rather than an emotional one. The sky isn't falling.

Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a deep single-player franchise experience, then sure, Madden isn't for you right now. You'll find better single-player experiences in The Show and NBA 2K, easily. However, Madden's multiplayer online functionality in franchise mode is best in class; the servers are reliable, the streamlining of the mode really helps keep leagues moving (my league got further this past year than any other league I've ever run), the servers are reliable, it's well-balanced experience in a multiplayer context, the servers are reliable... I could go on.

Also, the servers are reliable.

Yes I'm not counting servers and online connect ability for CFM. Those things are for any online head to head game. I'm only talking about purely the CFM mode itself.

I also see gameplay and gameplay legacy fixes helping online CFMs and CFM.

The CFM mode itself is basically untouched this year it looks like. That is a disappointment.

Especially when a big reason is Longshot and NBA live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »