Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled? - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled?

This is a discussion on Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Have you seen the leaked vids? Frostbite improvements are pretty evident in graphics and animations. Not to mention guys who have played the game say the feel is much improved also. I mean to each his own but almost every single aspect of football has been addressed in madden 18.

Time will tell.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #34
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Things that work, but very few of the items you listed are wow factors for me. Coaching adjustments and WR/DB interactions are all that I think will be huge leaps forward. I am not sure the move to frostbite will be this great leap. I did not feel like there was much of a difference in FIFA.

Really? I play FIFA all the time, and 16-17 was huge leap, imo, gameplay and graphics. While Fifa technically always looks about the same (gameplay camera is zoomed out, so I miss some details, here), the overall animations are extremely smooth. They took away some of the ball tethering, players feel more 'free' which makes midfield play totally different. The ball physics are on point. The close ups look more realistic (frostbite), and just overall, the gameplay is excellent. I think the gameplay might be missed if u don't regularly play, but while 16 to 17 might not be the greatest jump, ever for Fifa, I think it's pretty close, and/or it's the best jump forward because the overall gameplay control is tighter than it's ever been with more player 'freedom' than ever. For those reasons, I'm looking forward to see if madden made enough of a transition with frostbite. I'm hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Have you seen the leaked vids? Frostbite improvements are pretty evident in graphics and animations. Not to mention guys who have played the game say the feel is much improved also. I mean to each his own but almost every single aspect of football has been addressed in madden 18.
I'll definitely agree with graphics, but from the footage shown so far, animations appear to be mostly the same. Hopefully we'll see more this week that changes my opinion.....
Old 06-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #36
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'll definitely agree with graphics, but from the footage shown so far, animations appear to be mostly the same. Hopefully we'll see more this week that changes my opinion.....

Yeah, I agree on this. I'm seeing the frostbite better graphics, and I've seen some smoother animation transitions, but I have to admit, some of the footage does look quite similar to 17. Lol. Until we see more video, it's hard to know. And, I'll definitely say it's always difficult to 'feel' the difference even with good videos, so this is going to continue to be hard to tell.

Now, if we see some 2 min videos with more quality footage, maybe seeing multiple plays that show off better animations, that would be nice.

I'm buying, anyways, and looking forward to the targeted passing as a completely new challenge to the game. But, as much change as I felt in FIFA 17 with frostbite, so far I'm not seeing it so much in madden. But, again, limited videos. A lot of people that played at ea play seem to say it feels better, so I'm hopeful, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm looking forward to dev blogs because I don't have time to read a thousand disparate tweets or watch some guy's 9min YouTube video for 30 seconds of new information. The Dev blogs are a great way to collect a lot of information in a single article, much more so than heresay, tweets, Q&A threads, or random YouTube videos from streamers.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #38
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

Well the blog about target passing certainly hasn't been spoiled. It didn't seem like anybody used it in the videos that were leaked.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #39
Pro

Americas Team's Arena

I think people who are expecting a surprise are going to be let down, we already know everything, their aren't going to be any surprises. We already know all the new features in the game, the blogs will just go into more detail.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:23 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know I know os has a reputation of being to hard on EA but looking at other comments on YouTube and other places its much more tame over here lol.
Anyhow I doubt new information will be in the blogs but as someone else said I'd like to read a frostbite blog.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »