Home

NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon

This is a discussion on NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon

Atmosphere basics

Music...Madden has their own NFL films inspired music. Its good but it doesn't stick out like Fox or CBS. Also there should be timeout music cues.

Fans... The NFL has some crazy fans and we don't see much of them. There was once fan closeups and fan interaction ala Lambeau Leap. These would give the games some NFL atmosphere.

The stadium...we have some specific stadium songs and these add life. The crowd noises need more oomph. Especially during key moments and big plays. This has gotten alot better in recent years.

Game time build up...this should get you excited to play. Larry Ridley doesn't get my blood pumping nor are his lines specific enough to have any good context to my game. He should talk about records, key matchups, injuries etc. Or have a studio type lead in with several people discussing the game.

Halftime... Is ho hum. Button though. Skip. Pass. Lets get to the next quarter. It needs to have a better flow. The big plays sounds chopped and spliced together and its so generic. There no discussion of stats or other game related commentary. We get to see the leading qb, running back, and receiver. Defense gets no love at all.

Post game...have a wrap up something. Every game ends flat. Whether its a blow out or last second field goal every game ends with a whimper. Show a few highlights game over.

All of these things contribute to atmosphere whether you're looking for a traditional at the game vibe or to mimic what you see on tv.

P.s. cheerleaders.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I think this would be great. I agree with the poster who mentioned having the stats on the loading screens instead of the XP stuff. I like turning all the XP stuff off that I can because it take my suspension of disbelief away.

But, i'd still love them to have some weekly wrap-up, even if with just stills like NCAA had with the Sports Illustrated stuff. That made it feel like a living, breathing league to me and not just my random games. I think right now you lose the feeling often times that you are part of a bigger league. The posts about the games are fine but I think they need to refine it and improve upon it to keep you invested in the whole league.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #11
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'd be pretty upset if Madden succeeded in creating a college atmosphere.:P
did u work on madden 10 that was a underrated game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
did u work on madden 10 that was a underrated game
12-25

EDIT: I was "additional testing" on Madden 10 and 11, both years I came in on short contracts to help prioritize late bug fixes. I was hired for Madden 12 (Assistant Designer), promoted for 13 (Associate Designer) and left toward the end of the design phase on 25.

Madden 12 was a positive step in a lot of ways. All I really did was tune progression, retirement, and other franchise subsystems. I was moving on to M13 long before 12 went gold, mostly researching the new CBA so we would be able to support rookie contracts, rookie reserve, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #13
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Game previews.

I know everyone else wants post-game shows and stuff, I think I'd rather have some kind of pregame feature that creates that anticipation we feel going into Sunday morning in real life.

NCAA had a game preview screen you could view when you were looking at the schedule. Back when it had a 3 man booth, both of the color guys would predict who they thought would win. Then the matchup screen would compare major stats and ratings.

It was a small thing that I'd really like to see heavily expanded, both in presentation (perhaps a pregame show or article with predictions and opinions) and practical (matchup concerns, an expanded opposing game prep screen) terms.

Anyways, I know, basically a wishlist type of post, but it hit me this morning when I saw a "5 things you need to know for Sunday" article on 49ers Webzone that reminded me of all the like articles we see heading into a regular season game.
I miss that a lot. And i wish I never took it for granted.

Madden could really use this.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #14
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I miss that a lot. And i wish I never took it for granted.

Madden could really use this.
I mean, just the psychology of it was great. "Oh yeah? Well screw you Corso, I'm winning this!" Just added a little bit more drive and incentive.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:53 PM   #15
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I mean, just the psychology of it was great. "Oh yeah? Well screw you Corso, I'm winning this!" Just added a little bit more drive and incentive.

Seriously though, when I would see a team they picked to beat me, I would punish that team. Especially if it was an underdog.

I specifically remember running the score up on teams if they didn't pick me to win.

Additionally it really adds the element of "who is the underdog?" Besides just looking at the record of the teams.

And I'd like to see this built upon to see season predictions and mock drafts .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #16
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

I like how in Madden 12' the stadium PA announcer for whichever team had won the Super Bowl the previous season would announce "Please welcome your Super Bowl champion ______" as the team ran out before each home game.

It's small stuff like that I wish was still kept in

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »