Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online) - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #33
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

pro bowl is boring and useless
Old 06-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I couldn't care less about the Pro Bowl in real life or in Madden.

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I did enjoy Clint's response about HC.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #36
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I certainly trust his opinion - informed by more importantly his continued employment at EA Tiburon and his working with people who possess the specific technical know-how as to why Madden can and can't do things, but also by my own knowledge having worked as a client-side engineer in 3D video games - over yours.
Listen, man, gamers want things. If devs can't be bothered to rewrite the rules of physics to give them what they want, then it's obvious they are just lazy or bad at their jobs. Gamers are special, beloved creatures, and the mere existence of their desires is clear evidence that what they want is possible. Why do you hate gamers???

Stop covering for the overlords of gaming that continually deprive gamers of their entitled wants.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #37
49ers

OVR: 43

Pro bowl isn't in the game because there isn't a pipeline built that can allocate the memory to handle 32 helmets. It's not "there isn't enough memory," it's "allocating the memory would require far more man hours and potential bug introduction than a feature that a fraction of a fraction of players care about is worth"

Call it lazy if you want, I call it priorities. The people complaining about it here are approximately 87% of the people who watch the real Pro Bowl.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by adembroski; 06-19-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Pro bowl isn't in the game because there isn't a pipeline built that can allocate the memory to handle 32 helmets. It's not "there isn't enough memory," it's "allocating the memory would require far more man hours and potential bug introduction than a feature that a fraction of a fraction of players care about is worth"

Call it lazy if you want, I call it priorities. The people complaining about it here are approximately 87% of the people who watch the real Pro Bowl.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
I think the answer Oldenburg provided to this question in addition to his overall body language towards the interview itself is the issue ppl have. It's not about the pro-bowl feature. Its more-so about the fact that there's always some excuse as to why fill in the blank feature couldn't make it into the game. This is even more apparent when you see other game devs doing everything they can to ensure they cover most if not all of the features that their respective customer base expect. B/c they know if they don't provide it, then one of their competitors will. Oh wait...
Old 06-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

If something isn't in the game there is a reason for it. It's not "an excuse" as you call it. Other games aren't all inclusive and have things left out of them as well. They too have reasons for it.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #40
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Being someone who was screaming for the "quick season" from NCAA 14 to come into Madden, I LOVE the sound of this "Play Now Live" feature. Sounds exactly what I want to play. No off-field fluff just legit rosters and stats to pick up and play a full season.

Im sure CFM fans arent excited about this but I am.lol
As someone who has wanted the basic season mode back since CFM was introduced, I'm hopeful you can have 32 team control in the Play Now Live mode and avoid the butchering of the rosters that simming preseason does every time. Has anybody heard if 32 team control is in play now live?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »