Home

Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
In seriousness tho, he's obviously getting older, over 80 now. How long b4 we sadly don't have him at all? It's that coaching mindset that needs to be around ALL the time there. A smart decision, IMO, would be to transition in a younger Coach (at least one) to give the much needed insight and direction of how football really works. Players only know so much, some only enough to survive at their position. Coaches have to learn the details and nuances of a position. The really good ones learn multiple positions and how the opposing side thinks, eventually coordinate and install. Bring in a real GM too. Those types of people need to be around the creative process full-time.

It's not fair to expect tech minds to somehow just 'know' football b/c maybe they're a fan. I'm sure some really do. But it's obviously not 'enough' or there'd be crickets in the forum.
Well am I wrong to assume that EA does hire football coaches for the game? Whether they are head coach, assistant coach or whatever. I just assumed they did or how else would they know a lot of the more complicated stuff about the game..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #66
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah he's still involved, he is the person who came up with the idea for blocked fg/xp's last year actually.
I love this comment so much. It's like Madden just made up the concept that kicks can be blocked.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I love this comment so much. It's like Madden just made up the concept that kicks can be blocked.
He probably marked up the telestrator for the ea team. He is such a treasure. I don't guess younger people even realize how large a figure madden was in football. He wasn't just some old coach who became a broadcaster.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well am I wrong to assume that EA does hire football coaches for the game? Whether they are head coach, assistant coach or whatever. I just assumed they did or how else would they know a lot of the more complicated stuff about the game..
Wrong? No, it's logical to assume that. Lol, what's wrong is that you'd be 'wrong'. If you can find someone there with NFL coaching and/or NFL team management experience, let me know. This is a case where I'd like to be wrong. I'm pretty sure they brought them in on the Head Coach games, to what degree idk. Dungy was on the cover but that would be like assuming they grilled Brady on QB play this year. Possible tho.

Also, by 'younger' in last post, I didn't mean young in chrono age, just younger than Madden is, someone who you could contract for a length of time. A recently retired coach who went thru the ranks would be great. A guy who did it all like Mike Holmgren would be a home run. Ideally, an OC, DC, and ST coach in-house would be best. There are a lot of great football minds out there, EA just has to seek them out.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Wrong? No, it's logical to assume that. Lol, what's wrong is that you'd be 'wrong'. If you can find someone there with NFL coaching and/or NFL team management experience, let me know. This is a case where I'd like to be wrong. I'm pretty sure they brought them in on the Head Coach games, to what degree idk. Dungy was on the cover but that would be like assuming they grilled Brady on QB play this year. Possible tho.

Also, by 'younger' in last post, I didn't mean young in chrono age, just younger than Madden is, someone who you could contract for a length of time. A recently retired coach who went thru the ranks would be great. A guy who did it all like Mike Holmgren would be a home run. Ideally, an OC, DC, and ST coach in-house would be best. There are a lot of great football minds out there, EA just has to seek them out.

Gruden would be the obvious choice. While he is no madden he does at least try to work some football knowledge into the conversation at times.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

They have all kinds of NFL coaches that have consulted on the game throughout the years. I know Brad Childress was one of them and there have been plenty of other coaches in different areas and facets of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »