Home

Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

This is a discussion on Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #33
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
So sad that something that can cost you a game, isn't a high priority.....
The real downer is him talking about how all of the things we want fixed are "Legacy" and were there before this dev team got there.

Meaning they wont do anything about it if it works in there money making MUT mode.

They really dont care about franchise mode, everything theyve done, all the fixs they have put in are geared toward MUT and online people.

I dont blame them, thats where the paycheck is.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 AM   #34
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I've been wanting the challenge system fixed for years. But I think the issue is that gameplay itself doesn't create the situations properly. Or it's at least not able to discern the fine details of say the tuck rule or what it is now, I know they repealed it. Don't think the game is programmed that way. And we all know what happens when you add code on top of code.

Just a theory I have. But I really would like them to get this done somehow soon.

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-23-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:12 AM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I cringed at making all penalties user based. That was a dagger.
As opposed to being completely random, I'd much prefer if my in-game actions have meaningful consequences.

If I'm playing an online franchise game and my opponent is calling a ton of bump-and-run, I have no problem if the game wants to trigger more defensive holding penalties in that case. That is a fair risk-reward for using an aggressive tactic.

Even as someone who self-identifies as a "sim" guy, 100% completely random penalties completely outside of my control and influence are nothing but frustrating to me. This is one reason I welcome back the coaching adjustments. I can tell my guys to play more aggressively, but I might pay for it.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-23-2017 at 03:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 03:16 AM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
The real downer is him talking about how all of the things we want fixed are "Legacy" and were there before this dev team got there.

Meaning they wont do anything about it if it works in there money making MUT mode.
Rex Dickson has gone on record saying that they've fixed 40+ legacy issues this year, which blows this idea that Tiburon won't fix legacy issues because MUT right out of the water.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:18 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess at this point all there is to do is wait until gameplay vids are out and the embargo is lifted.
Seems another year a little fix here and a little fix there.
I'm glad its improving but it seems its at a snails pace and going forward its more for casual fans. I have to believe the John Madden of the 80's would have to cringe at times. I'm sure he'd be impressed with the graphics but I have to believe he's a SIM guy at heart still.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-23-2017, 04:01 AM   #38
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I cringed at making all penalties user based. That was a dagger.
Same.

Why couldn't penalties be based on what happens on field in tune with players ratings (penalty rating etc..?)
Guess I'm just a bit confused then as to why there is a sim, arcade and competitive mode if these things are all user based.. or will they be in sim mode?

Certainly will be a wait and see person though... Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-23-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:45 AM   #39
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
They've been focused on pass coverage for a while, they think its good now. they are still working on making a bigger disparity from rookie and veteran players and how they react to things.
I really hope it's good because this has been one of those long-standing issues that greatly contributes to lack of QB differentiation as well as the robo AI QB's. I've heard that windows are tighter this year so that's something I'm really hoping to see in footage and something that is long overdue.

Quote:
Wind meter will be fixed 'hopefully this year'. says he will check on it before launch.
The never ending saga, lol. It was fixed last year or at some point and keeps getting reverted back to being messed up.

Quote:
wants penalties to be based on user actions not players traits.
To be blunt, this really sucks. If it meant basing penalties on something like AWR rather than traits then I would be fine but putting them all on user actions I really don't like because of examples like false starts where you literally can't get called for one unless you hard count. Hopefully he is just speaking to the extent of competitive because penalties need to be based on far more than user actions on the simulation setting.

Quote:
Says at some point players and defenders will have awareness of the first down line/goal line as they continue to improve things but he doesn't know when it will be. doesn't have a timeline.
One thing I've never understood is why they don't add more animations where the ball-carrier reaches the ball forward. It doesn't have to be contextual and limited to first down or scoring scenarios and if there are enough of them it's going to happen in those scenarios and then you at least have the illusion of players having a sense for fighting for extra yards a lot more as well as occasionally for first downs and scores. Even if it only happened every once in a while it would be an awesome moment to see it happen.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

penalties based on user actions? Hmmm...what about cpu penalties? How will they get called? How and when will the cpu be called for DPI, Facemask, offsides, etc. I know there is a system now...but it stinks. Another year of cpu penalties not being in the game at a realistic rate and variety?

awareness of first down marker and goal lines? I suspect sideline awareness also falls into this category. Although they tweaked it last year, it is still not right. Too many players do not cut up field in time, when they have the room, and wind up going out of bounds. They even run their pass patterns out of bounds at times!

These are 2 glaring on the field gameplay issues that if not fixed for 18 will stand out like a sore thumb...again.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »