Home

Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL

This is a discussion on Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:06 AM   #9
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Maybe but keep in mind NHL is developed in a different location. Live and Madden are developed in Orlando. NHL is developed in Vancouver. Not saying that teams cant work together in different locations but its much easier if you are in the same studio.
I believe fifa is there in Orlando too

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 12:26 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I believe fifa is there in Orlando too

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Nah. Fifa is in Vancouver. They have a huge office and a soccer field.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

I am not a fan of these games working together on features. Madden franchise is already too far behind. It will lead to many things getting left out because they are not relevant to all games. We will end up with an f-35.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #12
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am not a fan of these games working together on features. Madden franchise is already too far behind. It will lead to many things getting left out because they are not relevant to all games. We will end up with an f-35.
Well said...

What are some items you think would be football survivors that they may neglect?

Because when I think of things I want like a team builder similar to NCAA, historical and indepth stat tracking, custom draft classes, assistant coaches, mock drafts, pregame presentation, create a stadium, or create a jersey I think they could be used in both sports.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #13

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

One thing bothers me when I hear them talk about feature sharing. Do you guys remember when the generation started and one of the biggest talking points about the ignite engine was that it would allow them to share features and technology across all EA Sports games. Well that didn't seem to happen. What happened with that ? And how are we supposed to believe now they have figured it out ? That was one of their big selling points on Ignite
Old 06-23-2017, 11:17 AM   #14
MVP

[quote=Toupal;2048881231]Well said...

What are some items you think would be football survivors that they may neglect?

Because when I think of things I want like a team builder similar to NCAA, historical and indepth stat tracking, custom draft classes, assistant coaches, mock drafts, pregame presentation, create a stadium, or create a jersey I think they could be used in

Things like a functional practice squad and formations subs. Those would be neglected because they are football specific. They would also try to force things to operate the same. Regression is different in basketball aND football, the salary caps operate different. They already dumb a lot of this stuff down but forcing it will result in things being kept much simpler. I want a much more in depth franchise and I fear this is going to make it more basic.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #15
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
One thing bothers me when I hear them talk about feature sharing. Do you guys remember when the generation started and one of the biggest talking points about the ignite engine was that it would allow them to share features and technology across all EA Sports games. Well that didn't seem to happen. What happened with that ? And how are we supposed to believe now they have figured it out ? That was one of their big selling points on Ignite

I'm thinking the features will possibly be more 'conceptual' sharing. U know? Like, not necessarily sharing code, but more sharing concepts. And, then some possible concepts might also be direct ports of code, but u can never be sure of that.

The infinity engine thing really upset me, man. Lol. And, I don't know the level of sharing/unsharing, but I loved M13. And, as an avid FIFA player, I saw how Madden could move forward with ignite and become a true physics based football game. But, too many people frowned on M13, and/or Rex and company didn't like something. I still remember him talking about having to switch from a more physics based engine in M13 to back to the same old garbage canned animation nonsense.

I really think if they had embraced infinity and built on top of it differently, we could have a pretty solid physics based madden by now. And, don't get me wrong, I like the game and appreciate where they're at and some of the things they've implemented over the past few years (WR/DB interactions as a prime example), but Fifa 17 has absolutely blown me away in terms of player control. U can do everything and anything u need to with every player. And, they all have height, weight, momentum, speed based on every unique player. The ball physics are truly amazing with spin and curve attributes that when u see a replay, you're amazed at what they've done.

So, yeah, I really wish they stuck with infinity and improved some of the glitches including, specifically, the after tackle pileups that looked SO BAD!!! Lol. That was the only real issue I saw in that game, and as such, still can't figure out why people didn't like it more. I thought M25 was a complete letdown after 13, but it is what it is.

Continue to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst (especially, with madden's history ).
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Nice metaphor.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »