Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #33
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
See I'm the opposite. I think the gameplay in NBA 2k17 has too many issues especially on the defensive side that it hurts the entire game for me. I ended up just simming games because the gameplay was so bad.

I love franchise but if the gameplay is not up to par, then it's just simming seasons which eventually loses it steam. I need both gameplay and franchise.
Im with you, and the only reason I mentioned the blocking thing and the WR/DB interactions in my posting of this video.

Sorry it was negative. But gameplay trumps MOST for me.

I mean I want a franchise mode thats playable and fun, but it can kinda be barebones if the on the field action is realistic.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #34
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I really liked this video. The guy seemed very straightforward and honest. If the gameplay is truly improved, thats at this point all i personally need to enjoy my off-line franchise.
Overall, I'm hearing enough positive things. Some cool additions. Yeah, I'll absolutely be buying 18.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

For me there is no "king" in a video game, with respect to game play vs franchise because both are equally core to my long term enjoyment. I emphasize "long term" because if game play was solid but not franchise or vice versa, there's only so much time after playing the game before the lack of one aspect limits the enjoyment of the other for me.

Considering this, it makes it all the more frustrating looking back at where Franchise mode was in M12 and the seeming trajectory for it, based on the rhetoric coming out of EA Tib about HC09-isk, NFL based adaptions at that time, to what they did in M13 CCM. To make matters worse, imo, that was the foundation for Franchise mode heading into the new consoles for M25 and beyond. So whatever strides game play has made from M13 to today, which while far from having arrived or being something akin to what "Sim" gamers have clamored for over the years, is more NFL realistic than M12, makes the lack of NFL realistic strides in Franchise mode within that same time period, even more glaring and disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #36
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand that, but I'm responding to the OP, where it just list the negatives.

Case in point, Khalib posted a thread from Shopmasters findings about adaptive coaching and the meaning behind the button presses. ie, conservative, less penalties, aggressive, penalty risk, etc...

This was great information to divulge and there are 9 responses in the whole thread, something the this site and the sim crowd have been requesting for quite awhile.
There has been some really good things mentioned about sim-gameplay, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
We know this place isn't what it used to be , Road. That's why they needed a front page article about it.

This place used to CRAVE for sim gameplay. We'd scream about it until the cows come home. This finally seems like the year where we're getting the most authentic football gameplay we ever received in Madden, and there's literally crickets ..

This has turned into the most cynical forum ever, and it sucks. I'm absolutely PUMPED for the on the field stuff this year, and I know you and some others are, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm pretty excited. The game is on the right track. 17 was better than 16. I think 18 will be better than 17.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I legitimately wonder whether there are people who post in the Madden forums on OS that will not buy the game? I leave feedback, positive or negative, but I only buy 1 game a year (except if I buy 2k, but you don't see me posting in that forum) and that's Madden. What other options do you have with football games?
There are. M12 was my last purchase before I bought Madden 17. As an offline franchise player, I had no reason to buy since that mode was not only ignored, it was stripped of previous features such as player editing and custom playbook issues. However, I continued to follow these boards since there are mostly good folks on here with reliable information. Most of what I learned about Madden 17 was from right here on O.S.

Last edited by edgevoice; 06-25-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #38
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Didn't Rex mention they fixed 35 to 40 legacy issues from the past? I thought I saw him interviewed on video about legacy issues being cleaned up??
Rex did say that but we don't know what legacy issues they have fixed. Hopefully one of the blogs will be about just that.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I personally have 3 different offline franchises going from Madden 17 and understand franchise isn't NFl realistic. I plan on finishing up before 18 arrives.

The people acknowledging gameplay is king also realise cfm is malnourished and not growing towards nfl realism.

Also, working on an unproven entity for 4 years and allowing NBA Live to "catch up" is misguided from a gamers perspective.

I'm not going to criticize Longshot personally until I take a look at it and decide for myself how I feel.

I'm just noticing there isn't much criticism leveled on sim gameplay as there was in the past, so, in general, people must be quite pleased with it lately.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I agree with most of that Road, except the part about a lack of criticism being due to satisfaction. For me I haven't criticized game play that much the last 5, going on 6 years because since CCM/CFM I don't play Madden enough to bother, plus at this point criticism is only venting and discussion, it doesn't change anything, imo. Also the fact M18 isn't actually out yet so whatever criticism or lack of for this edition remains to be seen.

To elaborate on my earlier post, although I think game play and franchise mode or equally important to long term enjoyment, I was able to workaround lacking game play from M06 to M12, due to the Franchise mode. Reason being, if game play was lacking, right up until CCM using house rules or as a last resort, Coach Mode, for lacking game play. Same can't be said for the lacking in franchise mode, lord knows I've tried to find ways to deal with what's there and have asked for ways to hide some unrealistic elements so I at least can ignore them but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »