Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #49
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
Don't forget about the 'Practice Squad' from last year. It was supposed to be only the beginning of something to be built upon so they could 'get it in'. At least that was the reasoning that it lacked depth, proper rules, and AI. Let's see how the base gets 'built' upon this year.
I may be wrong but I don't believe anything was done to practice squads this year. There hasn't been any mention of that yet.

I barely used it last year.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:36 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If we are comparing to other sports game, everyone loved NBA's 2k gameplay up till the last few years. Last year, they blow out FM and it's a deep immersive mode that allow some people to play for a long while.

However, there are a lot of folks like me that can barely get through a game to franchise mode because the gameplay isn't anywhere near where it was even a few years ago.

The way I see it, it's difficult to find a sports game that is completely balanced at this point. ie great in all areas.
Roadman, I'm not sure people compare Madden to those games strictly b/c they think those games "completely" balanced, or even perfect. At least for me, I compare how they stay faithful to the game they represent. Yes, The Show may be 'stale' in people's eyes, but let me ask this: (Correct me if I'm wrong) Doesn't The Show have a coaching staff to hire? Doesn't it have 'Rule 5' Draft, Arbitration to go along with the normal free agency? Doesn't it have the 25 AND 40 man rosters to go along with managing minor league teams? How does their player development system compare to Madden?

Those questions aren't direct towards you. It's just the point that if other sports titles had the same problem Madden seems to have, no one would argue. But when you see other title pushing the envelope (NBA2K) and/or staying more faithful to the sport, you get questioning.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #51
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Has anything been mentioned about CFM this year? Sorry, haven't seen every interview and or post here. I'm going to try to catch up today, but I figured I'd ask real quick first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #52
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Has anything been mentioned about CFM this year? Sorry, haven't seen every interview and or post here. I'm going to try to catch up today, but I figured I'd ask real quick first.

There's a draft board where you can rank players and it will take players according to it if you miss the online CFM draft however there is no logic behind it. Regression has been worked on. Off-ball injuries are in. But NBA Live took CFM resources so they could get their franchise up to speed and on similar footing to share features so don't expect much this year in terms of major improvements or features.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
Roadman, I'm not sure people compare Madden to those games strictly b/c they think those games "completely" balanced, or even perfect. At least for me, I compare how they stay faithful to the game they represent. Yes, The Show may be 'stale' in people's eyes, but let me ask this: (Correct me if I'm wrong) Doesn't The Show have a coaching staff to hire? Doesn't it have 'Rule 5' Draft, Arbitration to go along with the normal free agency? Doesn't it have the 25 AND 40 man rosters to go along with managing minor league teams? How does their player development system compare to Madden?

Those questions aren't direct towards you. It's just the point that if other sports titles had the same problem Madden seems to have, no one would argue. But when you see other title pushing the envelope (NBA2K) and/or staying more faithful to the sport, you get questioning.
Dueces, you are asking the wrong person regarding The Show(I know you aren't directing at me) because I only have an Xbox.

There is no doubt that CFM needs vast improvement, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that here and across the net. All I'm referring to is NBA2k has slipped in gameplay the last few years and added a robust franchise mode and Madden has been stepping up in the gameplay area with a lackluster franchise mode.

Last edited by roadman; 06-26-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #54
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
There's a draft board where you can rank players and it will take players according to it if you miss the online CFM draft however there is no logic behind it. Regression has been worked on. Off-ball injuries are in. But NBA Live took CFM resources so they could get their franchise up to speed and on similar footing to share features so don't expect much this year in terms of major improvements or features.
Ok yeah, I actually did see that most of that stuff. Didn't see draft board thing. I was hoping to see at least maybe weekly game plan updated a little Thanks for reply Deuce...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #55
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I may be wrong but I don't believe anything was done to practice squads this year. There hasn't been any mention of that yet.

I barely used it last year.

Yeah, I don't think anything has been mentioned, yet. But, I don't expect anything on this front.

I was actually ok with their implementation last year. I'm not, personally, looking for a ridiculously robust practice squad, however. But, for me, it actually came in handy for me. I drafted some freakish athletic guy in the 6th or 7th round. He was like a 6'7" OLB. Lol. He had high strength, and just overall was 'athletic' I'd say. Can't remember all his ratings right now. But, he was a 69 ovr, maybe. I instantly thought, 'this might be an interesting project to possibly convert to DE'. So, I put him on the practice squad and may have added him as a player to receive bonus ratings from practice or whatnot. Anyways, I had him on practice squad for only that 1 year, I think. If not, maybe 2. I ended up converting him to DE, and he's a pretty solid beast now in his 5-6th year. He's not a pro bowler, maybe, but he gets sacks and does his job well. So, that was a cool practice squad 'story' for me.

I also plucked a CB or 2 due to injuries. 1 guy, I may have only kept for 1 year, but he helped out. So, idk, it worked for me. I don't think practice squad players break out a lot in real life, anyways. U hear some from time to time, so I don't expect madden practice squad to do that, either. So, for me, it does what I expect it to do. And, it, legit, helped out with some roster moves for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #56
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Absolute no go for me.

I won't buy this product again until it returns to PC or franchise mode is improved by leaps and bounds.

And if that day never comes, I'm at peace with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »