Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #65
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthCatsFan
Things I must see in franchise mode before I buy any new madden game, ability to restructure a contract, ability to back load or front load contract, four year contract with fifth year option for first round rookies, be able to start contract negotiations two years before contract is up either from player or from the me, I would like contracts other players sign to effect my players or any other players contract talks, caps goes up every other year it seems, same should happen in franchise mode, a list of potential free agents that we can keep tract of during the season, defensive and offensive coordinator with position attributes boost changing of schemes with new coordinators some of these things should already be in the game the fact that we can go three years without a big update to a portion of the game is sad and should be unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coaches effecting attributes was in the game, they took it out. Who knows why. Just another thing they can put in the game next and call it a brand new great feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
I agree, Coordinators and position coaches that boost parts of your offense and defense should have been implemented into Madden YEARS ago.....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Well some thing like that was in Madden a few years ago. Not sure if we have Coordinators( I want to say we did), but when you hired a coach he would bring a boost to whatever speciality we had. For example, +5 THA for a Coach with q.v. background
Old 07-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Well some thing like that was in Madden a few years ago. Not sure if we have Coordinators( I want to say we did), but when you hired a coach he would bring a boost to whatever speciality we had. For example, +5 THA for a Coach with q.v. background
Coordinators and special teams coaches were in. The game needs a lot of work on coaching. Besides affecting performance each coach needs a different formula for evaluating overall to get some difference in free agency, drafting ect.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #68
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
Yes......Madden is notorious for having the backup QB play just as good, if not, better than the starter....Its been like that since going back to the PS2 days.....its annoying as hell.

This is a result of sliders overriding the ratings.The thing that gave best results was to use a manifesto to change the accuracy slider for each qb every game.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #69
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That was in '12
Old 07-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
This is a result of sliders overriding the ratings.The thing that gave best results was to use a manifesto to change the accuracy slider for each qb every game.
I actually did that before on one of my madden franchises in the past. I adjusted all the sliders based on the attributes of the team I was playing that week. So if the team had a star receiver injured I'd adjust the WR catch slider accordingly.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Hopefully, Rex is correct when he said that was worked on in Sim mode this year.

Also, players played more to their ratings on all-pro default sliders. There is a difference of back-ups in CFM that I am still playing and seeing.

No doubt it could be much better, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #72
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Hopefully, Rex is correct when he said that was worked on in Sim mode this year.

Also, players played more to their ratings on all-pro default sliders. There is a difference of back-ups in CFM that I am still playing and seeing.

No doubt it could be much better, though.

I always play 1 preseason game every season to get a look at all draft picks. And, wow, yeah, u can tell the difference between backups, alright! Especially, when it's the entire team. I actually have a quality backup QB, but the WRs aren't getting open, Oline is breaking down quicker. This game I'm playing now really looks like a preseason game.

Well, except for 1 thing, the CPU kept their #1 RB in the whole game who has gouged me for 300 yards!!! Lol. A few of his big runs were him trucking a would be tackler at the LOS, and just running clean the rest of the way, but geez, seriously, backups play like backups as far as I've seen. I don't think the ratings are terrible right now at all. And, for me, between good/bad drafting, salary cap, keeping good players, etc, my team feels balanced in that it's not overpowering in any dimension. I win almost all of my games, but it's just not overpowering the way it was in madden 06 or something, u know? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »