Home

Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Disappointed he didn't give Rex a hard time about Franchise Mode, considering the source.
Honestly there was no "hard time" to give him. We know where CFM stands for this year, it is well known so at this point it was about talking about other topics. I think him hinting to a couple surprises though actually may pertain to CFM so stay tuned.

I will be attempting to get Clint, Jake, and John on eventually so we will see what else we dig up.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:18 PM   #18
MVP

My thoughts on the interview as the guy giving the interview. There was more but a couple off the top of my head.

• I was glad to hear that usering a LB and trying to cover the whole field has been taken care of. This was one of my biggest issues for a while now and seeing that it will be tied to the ratings is good to know.
  • I am also glad to hear that HB cut blocks have been scaled back.He mentioned seeing a lb leap the cut block to get the sack, that will be cool to see.
  • I like diving into the "why" of things, so him explaining why team play left and why it came back is interesting to me.
  • I think there is a misconception about what competitive mode is and I think many people will find the mode enjoyable, and that is coming from a hardcore CFM guy.
  • Rex talking about the struggle of comp vs SIM is interesting. I think we see some things tuned back up for sim like sack fumbles and organic knock outs that we lost last year to meet in the middle with comp.
  • I never knew that FIFA had a Dev team that much bigger.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #19
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Honestly there was no "hard time" to give him. We know where CFM stands for this year, it is well known so at this point it was about talking about other topics. I think him hinting to a couple surprises though actually may pertain to CFM so stay tuned.

I will be attempting to get Clint, Jake, and John on eventually so we will see what else we dig up.
Hope you can get John, because we have so few extended conversations with him that it's tough get a sense of his vision for CFM.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:34 PM   #20
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS

I just meant that I listen to the interviews some of the competitive guys do with Rex and they'll jokingly say "This is great, Rex, but y'all need to get on this thing over here!"

Would be nice for one of these Franchise-centric outlets to drive the point home a bit more. I think SimFBCritic did a decent job of that, from what I remember, but people seem to skirt around it. I know Rex isn't necessarily the Franchise lead of the game, but he is a self-professed "Franchise guy."

I enjoyed the interview though, and I enjoy your guys' stuff.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
I just meant that I listen to the interviews some of the competitive guys do with Rex and they'll jokingly say "This is great, Rex, but y'all need to get on this thing over here!"

Would be nice for one of these Franchise-centric outlets to drive the point home a bit more. I think SimFBCritic did a decent job of that, from what I remember, but people seem to skirt around it. I know Rex isn't necessarily the Franchise lead of the game, but he is a self-professed "Franchise guy."

I completely understand where your coming from. I kind of already new where franchise stood this year going into the interview. They recognize it as a major part of their game, but they basically lost their "franchise guy" to Live this year. Everyone has bosses and that includes Rex, I try to keep him out of a position where he has to criticize his bosses on tape.

I normally don't have a "hard out" when I interview developers, but he was dealing with some relatively major stuff. I'll probably get another interview later in the year and things will be a bit more set by then and we can talk overall vision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #22
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I'm starting to worry my play style will fall somewhere between competitive and sim mode. First and foremost ratings have to matter for every player on the field but as a user I want to also be the one masking my plays. If I'm controlling Mason Foster, as a user I should be able to diagnose a run and stuff it or break up a pass play, however I shouldn't be able to turn Mason Foster into Brian Urlacher.

I want user control in the context of player ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

I agree. I like the interviews, but pretty much all of the ones with Rex and Clint are basically reiterating the same thing over and over and nothing really new. I would like to hear from something from the CFM head

Last edited by illwill10; 06-24-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I'm starting to worry my play style will fall somewhere between competitive and sim mode. First and foremost ratings have to matter for every player on the field but as a user I want to also be the one masking my plays. If I'm controlling Mason Foster, as a user I should be able to diagnose a run and stuff it or break up a pass play, however I shouldn't be able to turn Mason Foster into Brian Urlacher.

I want user control in the context of player ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He mentioned that LB locomotion is ratings dependent. So Urlacher should be able to change direction better than Foster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »