Home

New 6 minute video Madden 18

This is a discussion on New 6 minute video Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New 6 minute video Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So wait, receivers don't randomly drop the ball even when they're wide open? Also, can't you adjust the sliders and push WR Catching up? They won't make those drops.

Here is OBJ who probably has THE best hands in NFL as a receiver and he makes drops too. It was so bad that he punched the wall in the locker room after the game (or it may have been at halftime).

I never insinuated that receivers never drop passes in the NFL...obviously I wouldnt make this statement if it wasnt happening at an unreasonable rate.

I already have adjusted sliders, the issue I have is that the slightest bit of contact will force the ball out. Whereas three of my LBs can collide with a CPU recveiver as he catches the ball and they will hold onto it 80% of the time.

Surely I can not be the only one who experiences a massive amount of drops by WRs in Franchise. Especially when the WR has the ball under control and there is zero reason a little feather of a touch should make them drop the ball.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #74
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valaskjalf
I never insinuated that receivers never drop passes in the NFL...obviously I wouldnt make this statement if it wasnt happening at an unreasonable rate.

I already have adjusted sliders, the issue I have is that the slightest bit of contact will force the ball out. Whereas three of my LBs can collide with a CPU recveiver as he catches the ball and they will hold onto it 80% of the time.

Surely I can not be the only one who experiences a massive amount of drops by WRs in Franchise. Especially when the WR has the ball under control and there is zero reason a little feather of a touch should make them drop the ball.
I don't notice anything out of the ordinary in regards to drops. My studs usually hold on and my guys with lower CIT get hit and drop it sometimes.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
I don't notice anything out of the ordinary in regards to drops. My studs usually hold on and my guys with lower CIT get hit and drop it sometimes.
I have issues regardless...even my studs like Cooper who at this point in my CFM has catch in traffic of 97, have hands of butter the moment there's a sniff of a defender. Perhaps my sliders need to be adjusted, but I use the same ones as that MrHurricane dude on youtube as he also plays on All-Pro so I assume they are fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I have issues regardless...even my studs like Cooper who at this point in my CFM has catch in traffic of 97, have hands of butter the moment there's a sniff of a defender. Perhaps my sliders need to be adjusted, but I use the same ones as that MrHurricane dude on youtube as he also plays on All-Pro so I assume they are fine.
If his are at the default levels,(50 on AP) then the sliders should be fine. The players play to their truer ratings on default because that it what they are tested on.

I'm using JoshC's in the slider forum here at OS.

Having said that, the competitive players complained that WR's were dropping too many passes in the open last year, so, this year, on competitive mode, WR's won't drop passes in the open.

Last edited by roadman; 07-18-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:17 AM   #77
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Cane plays on All-Madden and his sliders are tuned for that. If you like All-Pro I suggest Josh's or search YouTube for the ones Millenium was using.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #78
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Just my opinion but, for me...the dropped passes kinda offset the fantastic accuracy of nearly all the Qb's. Hopefully in sim mode with 18, i won't be this way.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #79
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Just my opinion but, for me...the dropped passes kinda offset the fantastic accuracy of nearly all the Qb's. Hopefully in sim mode with 18, i won't be this way.
I also thought the better the QB, the less WR drops. And vice versa.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #80
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I also thought the better the QB, the less WR drops. And vice versa.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, this. And, this is kind of irritating. I do think they have something in their code for 'weak QB = more drops'. And, I can't remember for sure, but I think I was playing with the QB acc slider early on, and I think that when u lower it, u get more dropped passes, u know? Lol. More drops will certainly lead to a lower completion %, but ugghhh. That's not how it should work. QB accuracy should lead to over and underthrows that can't be caught at all. But, just giving every WR a case of the dropsies is weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »