Home

New 6 minute video Madden 18

This is a discussion on New 6 minute video Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #33
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New 6 minute video Madden 18

I'll say this , the graphics and player movement like QB dropbacks ,tackling and blocking are significantly improved. I have been stating since E3 that this is the first time I can tell Madden 18 content from 17. In the last few years on the ignite engine it was hard to differentiate between them from one year to the next. Not this year. The lighting and smoothness on the frostbite is def noticeable. That alone has me geeked up this year.

As far as some of the quirks people have mentioned in the video. I would say this . It seems EA piece mealed this demo to show it off at E3. This is evident by only having 2 playable teams. This is why I'm more interested in seeing what was captured at EAPlay. That version was more refined. And I'm also interested to see what footage Gamechangers will capture in July on The ps4 and Xbox one.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #34
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

If you played MUT there were 8 teams available
Old 06-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Clint tweeted this a little while ago. I think he maybe referring to the Oline not blocking on the run play.

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Clint tweeted this a little while ago. I think he maybe referring to the Oline not blocking on the run play.
I'm not sure what he is referring to but imo, Twitter hasn't proven to be a reliable source for confirming "fixes". Maybe it's the character limit that compels getting something concise and to the point out that's the issue, idk but I think they should use a different medium for explaining certain things. Reason I say this is I seem to recall other times claims like this about "fixes" get tweeted out and that turned out not to be the case or at least the full explanation. For example, IF Clint is referring to that specific play, is that just a fix for that specific play, a general fix in blocking logic or not a fix but a significant reduction in those instances.

People may read that and take it at face value, then if it's inaccurate or incomplete, it can start a snowball of misunderstandings.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-27-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think we need to take your advice Big and wait and see.

At least there are people willing to post issues and that effort should continue, but I get your vibe.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

At least there are people willing to post issues and that effort should continue, but I get your vibe.
To piggyback, it would be nice if we could actually see it. Since he was able to reproduce the bug, then he obviously could show footage. Unfortunately, since EA is not releasing anything yet, he probably wouldn't be permitted to do so.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Also to be clear I don't begrudge anyone being hype for the new Madden and attempting to interact with those in the know for as much info as possible, it's fun to be excited about a new game and I miss that feeling. The issue arises when anyone uses stuff like this as evidence to present to others, then if it's inaccurate, misunderstandings can happen.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #40
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Also to be clear I don't begrudge anyone being hype for the new Madden and attempting to interact with those in the know for as much info as possible, it's fun to be excited about a new game and I miss that feeling. The issue arises when anyone uses stuff like this as evidence to present to others, then if it's inaccurate, misunderstandings can happen.
But hasn't Clint been pretty upfront about these things? If he says they fixed it, i'm inclined to believe him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »