Home

Got that Madden 11 feeling?

This is a discussion on Got that Madden 11 feeling? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Got that Madden 11 feeling?

Is it just me or is this one of the least hyped Madden since 11?
The people at EA just don't seem to be helping thier cause this year. I have a lot of what EA would call friends that are casual Madden fans even asking why there are not many game play videos or any ads out?
Now most of us know they don't really push the game until late July or August but with the lack of hype for casual fans and the lack of cfm improvements for the hardcore fans makes me feel like 2011 again which if I recall was a down year in terms of game sales for EA.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Got that Madden 11 feeling?

Fact is, none of it matters. If you wanna play a current gen NFL football game you buy madden. If all they did was announce a release date then be silent until launch it would sell, that's the power of the shield
Old 06-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by seththor
The people at EA just don't seem to be helping thier cause this year. I have a lot of what EA would call friends that are casual Madden fans even asking why there are not many game play videos or any ads out?
Now most of us know they don't really push the game until late July or August but with the lack of hype for casual fans and the lack of cfm improvements for the hardcore fans makes me feel like 2011 again which if I recall was a down year in terms of game sales for EA.

I can definitely see the parallels. Both coming off solid versions that gave hope for the future, both having few features of substance, both with a lot of expectation management by the devs.

I will point out a massive difference; the year included a massive engine change and a new mode. Madden 11 was focused on accessability as a feature set. The former is long term investment, while the latter is short-sighted dictate from on high.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:13 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Not really. Even with as little as has been detailed so far, Madden 18 feels more focused and more cohesive as a product than Madden 11 ever did prior to release, IMO.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:39 AM   #5
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

And yet we will all still buy it and play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 08:18 AM   #6
MVP

They hype will build as the info comes out later in July and people will forget about the down time. Constant news will drive excitement and it will be fine.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:37 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They hype will build as the info comes out later in July and people will forget about the down time. Constant news will drive excitement and it will be fine.
Yep, and the excitement will also be building for the nfl season which in itself will get people excited for the game. I am looking forward to playing the game this year as it seems to be much improved. It's just the same old franchise short comings that leave me feeling that I may be bored with it in a couple of months,
Old 06-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by seththor

I don't see this as being a down year as far as sales go. I believe the majority of fans, hardcore and casual, have heard that EA has switched to Frostbite this year. It'll sell based on that alone and visually the game does look really good in the leaked vids.

Personally, I'm a football fan forced to follow madden because it's the only real game and not because I enjoy Madden. The player movement, ai and blocking looks almost untouched from my limited time with 17. No one in the vids has bothered to try ID the Mike or the new passing system either which concerns me.

Bought 17 used a month ago and shelved it 2 weeks later. When the season rolls around I'll give it another go. 18 will be a pass for me this year. It'll still sell about 5.5 million copies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »