Home

What I would like Longshot to become

This is a discussion on What I would like Longshot to become within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:41 PM   #33
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What I would like Longshot to become

I thought I remember in one of Clint's videos he said something along the lines of Longshot's "campaign length" being about 8-12 hours long. I also remember him saying that they recorded about 3.5 hours of "movie" or "motion capture".
Old 07-04-2017, 04:46 AM   #34
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think that, in and of itself, would be a longshot. If they wanted to tie it into CFM they would have done that. They could have provided the option to continue as the character in a CFM through the Player mode or even re-skinned the player mode as Longshot. But this mode is just going to be a way to funnel those new players that wouldn't normally play Madden into MUT. They get Madden because of the mode, they play through it, it ends and then the only way they can continue to play with the character they've just invested time into is to go to MUT. You don't spend four years building a standalone mode as a market test for resource allocation to your most popular mode. You do it to tap into a new market with the hopes that this new mode can bring in more (and new) users into your money maker. If anything, the potential success of Longshot and Madden in general this year will tell them they it's a perfectly reasonable business model to neuter CFM resources and features and spend that effort elsewhere.
I don't think you read my post very well. You don't do that IF YOU'RE THE SUIT. If you're an ARTIST, you might "officially" present it to the suits as you just described, but secretly be doing it so that you can indulge in your creative needs.

Did it occur to you that there might be a difference between the artists who make the game and the board of directors who demand that certain money making features be implemented and given priority? Based on your post it appear you believe that 100% of all employees at Tiburon and EA are only motivated to maximize profits for share holders.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think that, in and of itself, would be a longshot. If they wanted to tie it into CFM they would have done that. They could have provided the option to continue as the character in a CFM through the Player mode or even re-skinned the player mode as Longshot. But this mode is just going to be a way to funnel those new players that wouldn't normally play Madden into MUT. They get Madden because of the mode, they play through it, it ends and then the only way they can continue to play with the character they've just invested time into is to go to MUT. You don't spend four years building a standalone mode as a market test for resource allocation to your most popular mode. You do it to tap into a new market with the hopes that this new mode can bring in more (and new) users into your money maker. If anything, the potential success of Longshot and Madden in general this year will tell them they it's a perfectly reasonable business model to neuter CFM resources and features and spend that effort elsewhere.
Also this:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #36
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Ok this above post seriously confuses me because I've literally been saying for weeks now that people should play it because they had plans on incorporating the features from Longshot into CFM.

But...alot shot me down. Not everyone, but many did.

In fact, if you look just in this very thread, you'll see me mentioning it atleast 2-3 times.

I mean, seriously lol.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:33 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 2

But it is not a guarantee that it will be added to CFM. One vague answer does nothing to move the needle for this mode in my book. I still feel that the things in the mode that they want to add to any mode is already in the works for 19.

Thus, still no reason to play the mode in my book.

Last edited by goillini03; 07-05-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:57 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Ok this above post seriously confuses me because I've literally been saying for weeks now that people should play it because they had plans on incorporating the features from Longshot into CFM.

But...alot shot me down. Not everyone, but many did.

In fact, if you look just in this very thread, you'll see me mentioning it atleast 2-3 times.

I mean, seriously lol.
And you may be right, they may have plans to incorporate it into CFM in some way that we just don't see. But you have no more proof of that than those that are pessimistic about LongShots future influence on CFM. It's not like any developer has come and said LongShots was going to be incorporated into CFM. They certainly didn't list it as a CFM or future CFM improvement.

CFM'ers have watched the growth/explosion of MUT, creation of Draft Champions (in one dev cycle?), allocations of resources to LongShots and NBA Lives franchise mode, all while seeing CFM kind of stuck in a rut. Can you imagine if they had come out and announced they spent 4 years behind the scenes working on a franchise mode? Instead we were told the CFM developer (John White?) was reassigned to work on NBA Lives franchise mode, so not much was done this year.

Just my .02, Whether right or wrong, I think it's understandable why people are less than enthused about the new mode.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #39
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
And you may be right, they may have plans to incorporate it into CFM in some way that we just don't see. But you have no more proof of that than those that are pessimistic about LongShots future influence on CFM. It's not like any developer has come and said LongShots was going to be incorporated into CFM. They certainly didn't list it as a CFM or future CFM improvement.

CFM'ers have watched the growth/explosion of MUT, creation of Draft Champions (in one dev cycle?), allocations of resources to LongShots and NBA Lives franchise mode, all while seeing CFM kind of stuck in a rut. Can you imagine if they had come out and announced they spent 4 years behind the scenes working on a franchise mode? Instead we were told the CFM developer (John White?) was reassigned to work on NBA Lives franchise mode, so not much was done this year.

Just my .02, Whether right or wrong, I think it's understandable why people are less than enthused about the new mode.
I was going by what Swami said who played the mode at E3 and said that the devs want feedback cause of the potential to add the features that he couldn't reveal into CFM in the future.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 2

Spot on, Grey.

Now that I have been negative in the thread, I will try to give my hope for the mode.

I hope that it leads to a more developed and robust Draft process. The biggest thing that Madden lacks is immersion, IMO. The draft is a huge deal for the NFL and their teams. It is a huge deal for the players. It starts their story, but we draft a player based on stats alone. I have no story, which is why I burn out of madden each year after a few seasons.

My prediction is that Wade ends up being draftable in CFM, which does not do anything for me. Hopefully, there are hundreds of other characters that you can be involved with through the process to give us a true draft class. Of course, this only gives you one draft class with a story, so then year two becomes stale again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »