Home

What I would like Longshot to become

This is a discussion on What I would like Longshot to become within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What I would like Longshot to become

... deleted

even with all the things present people have suggested exist after hs
Old 07-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #58
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
What if next year they had it so you would start by making your own customizable player, play through 4 years of high school and have college scouts visit you and interview you and then offer you scholarships to different schools based on their needs, etc.

Then 4 years of college, or even leave college and get drafted early, etc.

Then you go through the combine, pro day, the NFL draft and actually play through your career.

All this while having cutscenes and the story.

Would you still say let it be "non-existent"?
It's not worth it IMO, as the game still has it's flaws to me it's a waste of available resources. Money spent on actors etc. for that mode should have gone into the migration to frostbite.

Apparently it had been in the works for ''years'', it's a feature to align itself with the NBA game, so they can say ''we have stories'' to.

Make this game great. then worry about the window dressing.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 07-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0
What I would like Longshot to become

Quote:
What if next year they had it so you would start by making your own customizable player, play through 4 years of high school and have college scouts visit you and interview you and then offer you scholarships to different schools based on their needs, etc.

Then you go through the combine, pro day, the NFL draft and actually play through your career.

I'm sorry, but I agree with him.

If they were going to do this story mode, they should've integrated into the play as a player part of CFM. The fact of the matter is, that multiple people, myself included, are getting tired of them pushing resources away from CFM, and into everything else.

The fact that they spent multiple years working on this stupid story mode, and that they did it separately from CFM, is completely ridiculous. Not only that but the fact that they had resources pulled away from madden in order to work on NBA live, makes it even more ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but there is only so much a long time player such as myself, and multiple others, can take of the developers blatantly ignoring, what should be a primary focus, every single year.

In all honesty, The only reason I'm considering buying this game, is to see the gameplay improvements, and to see what it looks like on the frostbite engine, and if it wasn't for the fact that it is going to be on the frostbite engine, I might not even buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:

Based on my personal tastes? I would absolutely say I wish it was "non-existent". I get why it is in the game and why EA wants it to be there, but from a personal point of view I am not a fan of it. I strictly play franchise mode and there are a lot of improvements that need to be implemented for the mode in my opinion.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Based on my personal tastes? I would absolutely say I wish it was "non-existent". I get why it is in the game and why EA wants it to be there, but from a personal point of view I am not a fan of it. I strictly play franchise mode and there are a lot of improvements that need to be implemented for the mode in my opinion.
I almost agree with your entire sentiment, but, personally, I don't pan anything I've never experienced personally.

I will never admit on here if I even like LS a little bit, because people that won't experience it will tell me I'm off my rocker. lol

Most sports games are going in the direction of a story mode or already have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #62
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I am simply not going to count out a mode like Longshot until I try it and see how it is. Granted I wish it led into the NFL season, even if the story/movie stopped after year 1 or even halfway into the year. That way they would continue the story later on.

I'm just not going to completely deny it before even trying because I'm mad at EA for not improving CFM. This seems to be more of the consensus around these parts. It is my opinion that there are quite a few bitter folks about Longshot and would rather it not succeed to "show up EA" or "prove a point" or something.

It's just the vibe that is felt regarding the topic.

Please bear in mind I'm not defending EA or anyone else. I just think it's silly to purposely deny a mode to prove a point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »