Home

Trade help

This is a discussion on Trade help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trade help

Some guy has Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor on the trade block. My team is the Bucs and I would like to acquire at least one of them. Both of them are 28/29 (This is Madden 16 with updated rosters so I'm not sure if the age is changed) years old. I don't think regression is in the game either (I think). I could probably get a decent 4 years out of them before they become old/obsolete which is fine. This is also a league with updated rosters, what would you guys trade for these players or what would be a fair trade. I'm thinking having second or third round picks in there maybe even 1 first round. I probably would throw in some players that aren't too good and having more value on picks.

For example:

2nd round this year
Cameron Brate

maybe even a 4th rounder

For:

Sherman/Chancellor.

Last edited by ganggang; 06-30-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Trade help

In Madden, unless my team is not a Super Bowl contender - which I assume the Seahawks still are in your league - I'm not trading a 90+ player at his peak for anything less than a first round pick. For a 95+ player like Sherman probably is, I'd likely want a Round 1 and something else.

If you were to send away a 90+ player - maybe Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, or Mike Evans if he's progressed that far, for example - that changes the math a bit.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

in real life, neither are worth a first round pick. you're looking at a second for sherman and a third for cam, maybe less.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
in real life, neither are worth a first round pick. you're looking at a second for sherman and a third for cam, maybe less.
If you say so, but we're talking about Madden, not real life. Players in Madden will never fall off as dramatically as they sometimes do in real life. As such, the risk for retaining or acquiring the player is lower, so the value of either player is higher.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If you say so, but we're talking about Madden, not real life. Players in Madden will never fall off as dramatically as they sometimes do in real life. As such, the risk for retaining or acquiring the player is lower, so the value of either player is higher.
interesting, cos there have been many complaints about players falling off too quickly in M17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2017, 02:15 AM   #6
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe I undervalue draft picks, but for the names thrown out, I would expect them to want a skill position player over 85 and at least a 2nd rounder, maybe a 3rd as well
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 07-02-2017, 02:36 AM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
interesting, cos there have been many complaints about players falling off too quickly in M17.
Too quickly? Nah. Madden 17 is the first time in the game's history where regression A - actually matters with respect to long-term roster construction, and B - makes some amount of sense.

Too uniformly and predictably, however? Yeah, I'll give you that, easily.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #8
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Too quickly? Nah. Madden 17 is the first time in the game's history where regression A - actually matters with respect to long-term roster construction, and B - makes some amount of sense.

Too uniformly and predictably, however? Yeah, I'll give you that, easily.
100% agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »