Home

A Unified Voice For The Future of Madden

This is a discussion on A Unified Voice For The Future of Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: A Unified Voice For The Future of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'll wait until we get more gameplay videos in mid to end July before I make judgements that blocking is broken still.

You guys are crying wolf for M18 and we really haven't seen much gameplay yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Hey Skins, I think it is more to the point that not showing anything. People will always be skeptical until they are proven. Not saying that is right, and I do agree that we should wait before trashing the blocking in 18 until we get some more info.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #34
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'll wait until we get more gameplay videos in mid to end July before I make judgements that blocking is broken still.

You guys are crying wolf for M18 and we really haven't seen much gameplay yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
We shouldnt see it in these cell phone vids at all if it was even worked on and fixed.

Maybe in the final build they will do something miraculous, but I highly doubt it.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
We shouldnt see it in these cell phone vids at all if it was even worked on and fixed.

Maybe in the final build they will do something miraculous, but I highly doubt it.
Clint did mention the bug in the cell phone video was fixed.

Hopefully, with the fixes to legacy issues, we won't see these type of things.

Shopmaster said on Twitter that gameplay has taken the biggest leap in 5 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 PM   #36
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint did mention the bug in the cell phone video was fixed.

Hopefully, with the fixes to legacy issues, we won't see these type of things.

Shopmaster said on Twitter that gameplay has taken the biggest leap in 5 years
I really, genuinely hope he is right, Im praying for that.

I so want good gameplay. TBH I just want to do my fantasy drafts and have my big, nasty Oline and my high AWR FB go savage on folks.

I want my number one corner to be able to be left on an island in man to man and for him to not be 5 to 20 yards off a reciever.

But we have to wait for the gameplay, which is fine, I mean I wont buy the game till I see people play a few hours of it.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #37
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

I only play in an online league,so some things i list may not be for everyone here i get that.(these are not listed in order of greatest to least, to me the mode needs it all).That said:

1- Customizable draft board with actual logic behind it( not drafting you two HBS because they were # 3 and # 4 on your list and when your second round pick comes the second HB is still there, this is going to still not be that grand for alot in online leagues as it is in 18 ,thus will need more work )

2- Give commmish option to lock in any settings in league so owners have no choice but to play with those settings( like turning off ball hawk, heat seeker , etc)as well allow option for commish to set certain settings as optional allowing users to pick those themselves.

3- Add to the app : ability to Resign players,Sign FA,Scout ,Send trades,Accept or Deny trades, Change schemes , Adjust Depth chart, Spend XP (),Give commish/admins ability to turn off/on injuries .

4-Finish work started on opponents tendencies in game prep. Not just based off first down plays called in last weeks game only. A real break down of their playcalling for that season , in that league only. See the coach glass, and use the data found there and translate it to a "scouting report" of such on that opponent.

5- Bring coach glass info into playcalling screen. Why? Because that is exactly what coordinators do in real life games. They are looking over what other team has been runnning thruout year( before game) in situations and what they are doing in current game and giving feedback on it. I would like to see that feedback on screen , not on my phone ( especially since it was broken in 17 and would not work for a full half a game)

6-Bring back Playoff Picture for league starting in week 13 or 14.

7-League Power Rankings.

8-Bring back Live Weather.In madden 10, it was linked to the weather channel, what ever the weather was in that city( in real life) at the time you kicked off that was what your weather you played in.Let it change per quarter with an update from the weather channel , to keep it "dynamic" all game long.

9-When a commish starts a league, do not allow the CPU to do ANYTHING until the league advances past week 1 of preseason. Simple fix to an issue that plagues online leagues. Commish has to " start" league before people can join, and not everyone can join at same time.As soon as he starts it, cpu starts messing with rosters.This should not happen until an advance past week 1 preseason so all 32 owners can sign up first without having to undo moves the cpu made,its just a headache for us to deal with.It didnt used to be like this...

10-Restart from DC IN User vs User games. This is such a big deal for online leagues . Guys play 3 -4 quarters ( 30-45 minutes ) then bam, DC. Got to start all over.People dont normally have time for all that. It could save info after every play and just overwrite the save before, so it only has 1 save file per game on server.Once game is over and complete it could delete the save file. If not that , at least at the end of each quarter, it needs to do this, save all info about that game :score , injuries, placement of ball, possession, stats , etc.

11-Free practice playcalling needs to work just like playcalling in a game. Stop making us pause the game just to change the play. Let us do it in playcalling screen just like in a real game.I dont even use free practice because of this hassell of having to pause everytime i want to change plays.

12- Allow CFM roster export to a different mode ( like h2h) and allow us to use our CFM teams outside CFM so we can get more practice in with our team, try out new plays, personel line ups , etc. Also so we can still play games with our teams during bye weeks to make them not so dang boring.Every team in league with bye week could play each other in " scrimmages" and not be bored that week.

13- Stop showing who highest bidder is on FA in FA Bidding.Dont have players always go to highest bidder either.

14-Allow restructuring of contracts as others have mentioned.

15-Make Schemes actually matter.This has numerous implications on a CFM. If you draft, pick up fa , trade for guys that match your schemes, the more you do , the better they play as a team.The less you do this, the more disfunctional your team plays as a whole . Guys in real life succeed better in schemes that fits them, this needs to take place in madden or just remove schemes one of the other. This also would impact how people draft, trade, pick up fa etc, and then not everyone is just going for the fastest players ( because thats all thats mattered in madden so long)

16-Give commish a slider to determine how much or how little awards give out in XP at seasons end. I for one want to give out 0 xp for them.Numerous reasons for this, dont have room to post here.

17-Change scouting back to how it was in madden 15, but leave the combine info ( since so many want it, although id prefer it without it unless ratings other than speed and accel actually matter this year). The way scouting is, its still to easy to see who the good players are and less gems or finds are found in later rounds in online leagues unless you picking FB or DT maybe DE.The way it is now, its basically a new cheat sheet system , something they spent time making random classes to combat.

18-Allow commish ability to take away draft picks from teams as well as put players from teams on supsensions for breaking rules from league.As well give those picks to another team of commish choice.

19- Show in transaction log exactly what was "edited " on a player when someone is edited.

20- Can we please not play the same exact preseason schedule all year long in madden? 11 Seasons of same teams gets old.

As for presentation and equipment, honestly i could care less about any of that. I skip every cutscene i can as does most in online leagues. I dont care if i have every piece of equipment as an option to use either,i feel like there is a plenty.Maybe once they actually get the features of the mode up to date and working, then focus on the finishing touches like that.I pay no attention to it, to me the game looks graphically pretty good, id much rather a focus on features be put into place .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 07-11-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #38
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Get rid of XP altogether

Commentary and stat lines that track previous years

Custom sub packages

Custom leagues w custom divisions and schedules

Custom draft classes

Save play setup in practice - like HC09

Zero "glitch routes" no unbumbables and no rocket outs

Remove nano detection and have blockers scan and pickup

Increase RB aggressiveness in pass protect

Replays from games past on home screen and for player spotlight intros

All time "route based" passing

Post route "scramble" rules picked by the user

Square for possession, X for RAC, Triangle for spec

L1/R1 for swat and for finesse pass rush and quick juke

L2/R2 for strip - power moves - stiff arm

L2 + R2 for wrap tackle, bull rush, and cover ball

Move acceleration back to X

Disconnect blockers and pursuit from ball carrier and have them act independently

DL should use moves when cpu controlled

Reach blocking

Enhanced practice mode for cfm w "scrimmages" and "situations"

And on and on
Old 07-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #39
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I only play in an online league,so some things i list may not be for everyone here i get that.(these are not listed in order of greatest to least, to me the mode needs it all).That said:

1- Customizable draft board with actual logic behind it( not drafting you two HBS because they were # 3 and # 4 on your list and when your second round pick comes the second HB is still there, this is going to still not be that grand for alot in online leagues as it is in 18 ,thus will need more work )

2- Give commmish option to lock in any settings in league so owners have no choice but to play with those settings( like turning off ball hawk, heat seeker , etc)as well allow option for commish to set certain settings as optional allowing users to pick those themselves.

3- Add to the app : ability to Resign players,Sign FA,Scout ,Send trades,Accept or Deny trades, Change schemes , Adjust Depth chart, Spend XP (),Give commish/admins ability to turn off/on injuries .

4-Finish work started on opponents tendencies in game prep. Not just based off first down plays called in last weeks game only. A real break down of their playcalling for that season , in that league only. See the coach glass, and use the data found there and translate it to a "scouting report" of such on that opponent.

5- Bring coach glass info into playcalling screen. Why? Because that is exactly what coordinators do in real life games. They are looking over what other team has been runnning thruout year( before game) in situations and what they are doing in current game and giving feedback on it. I would like to see that feedback on screen , not on my phone ( especially since it was broken in 17 and would not work for a full half a game)

6-Bring back Playoff Picture for league starting in week 13 or 14.

7-League Power Rankings.

8-Bring back Live Weather.In madden 10, it was linked to the weather channel, what ever the weather was in that city( in real life) at the time you kicked off that was what your weather you played in.Let it change per quarter with an update from the weather channel , to keep it "dynamic" all game long.

9-When a commish starts a league, do not allow the CPU to do ANYTHING until the league advances past week 1 of preseason. Simple fix to an issue that plagues online leagues. Commish has to " start" league before people can join, and not everyone can join at same time.As soon as he starts it, cpu starts messing with rosters.This should not happen until an advance past week 1 preseason so all 32 owners can sign up first without having to undo moves the cpu made,its just a headache for us to deal with.It didnt used to be like this...

10-Restart from DC IN User vs User games. This is such a big deal for online leagues . Guys play 3 -4 quarters ( 30-45 minutes ) then bam, DC. Got to start all over.People dont normally have time for all that. It could save info after every play and just overwrite the save before, so it only has 1 save file per game on server.Once game is over and complete it could delete the save file. If not that , at least at the end of each quarter, it needs to do this, save all info about that game :score , injuries, placement of ball, possession, stats , etc.

11-Free practice playcalling needs to work just like playcalling in a game. Stop making us pause the game just to change the play. Let us do it in playcalling screen just like in a real game.I dont even use free practice because of this hassell of having to pause everytime i want to change plays.

12- Allow CFM roster export to a different mode ( like h2h) and allow us to use our CFM teams outside CFM so we can get more practice in with our team, try out new plays, personel line ups , etc. Also so we can still play games with our teams during bye weeks to make them not so dang boring.Every team in league with bye week could play each other in " scrimmages" and not be bored that week.

13- Stop showing who highest bidder is on FA in FA Bidding.Dont have players always go to highest bidder either.

14-Allow restructuring of contracts as others have mentioned.

15-Make Schemes actually matter.This has numerous implications on a CFM. If you draft, pick up fa , trade for guys that match your schemes, the more you do , the better they play as a team.The less you do this, the more disfunctional your team plays as a whole . Guys in real life succeed better in schemes that fits them, this needs to take place in madden or just remove schemes one of the other. This also would impact how people draft, trade, pick up fa etc, and then not everyone is just going for the fastest players ( because thats all thats mattered in madden so long)

16-Give commish a slider to determine how much or how little awards give out in XP at seasons end. I for one want to give out 0 xp for them.Numerous reasons for this, dont have room to post here.

17-Change scouting back to how it was in madden 15, but leave the combine info ( since so many want it, although id prefer it without it unless ratings other than speed and accel actually matter this year). The way scouting is, its still to easy to see who the good players are and less gems or finds are found in later rounds in online leagues unless you picking FB or DT maybe DE.The way it is now, its basically a new cheat sheet system , something they spent time making random classes to combat.

18-Allow commish ability to take away draft picks from teams as well as put players from teams on supsensions for breaking rules from league.As well give those picks to another team of commish choice.

19- Show in transaction log exactly what was "edited " on a player when someone is edited.

20- Can we please not play the same exact preseason schedule all year long in madden? 11 Seasons of same teams gets old.

As for presentation and equipment, honestly i could care less about any of that. I skip every cutscene i can as does most in online leagues. I dont care if i have every piece of equipment as an option to use either,i feel like there is a plenty.Maybe once they actually get the features of the mode up to date and working, then focus on the finishing touches like that.I pay no attention to it, to me the game looks graphically pretty good, id much rather a focus on features be put into place .
Great list for the online gamer! Nailed it!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:44 PM   #40
Rookie

JJones07's Arena

OVR: 2

Added a specific Online CFM list as well, online players feel free to add to it, if I make/made a mistake in the listings let me know I don't/haven't used online CFM.

When I'm not playing video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »