Home

Amazon Pre-Order Physical Copy?

This is a discussion on Amazon Pre-Order Physical Copy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #17
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Amazon Pre-Order Physical Copy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Yeah, I have no clue why people go digital unless they have superior income coming in, but then... I'll take a deal no matter what lol. Going digital doesn't really benefit me in any way. But after all the patches early last year with M17 that ruined the gameplay, I might wait it out no matter what.
Convenience. Probably play each Madden for several dozen hours across two consoles and PC without moving discs around.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Convenience. Probably play each Madden for several dozen hours across two consoles and PC without moving discs around.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's me (raises hand). I have EA Access, so I get the digital version every year even though it's only 10% off. Madden is my most played game every year, so it's super convenient to just always have it ready to go on the HDD.

Other games that I know I'll beat and never replay, I get discs. It's weird though that Amazon shows no physical copies; I'd noticed it a while ago, but had no idea it was happening with other games, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #19
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Yeah, I have no clue why people go digital unless they have superior income coming in, but then... I'll take a deal no matter what lol. Going digital doesn't really benefit me in any way. But after all the patches early last year with M17 that ruined the gameplay, I might wait it out no matter what.
Are digital versions of the game significantly more expensive than physical copies? I don't think they are and the reason that most prefer digital versions are out of convenience. May as well get on board with digital only because IMO its only a matter of time that physical versions of games go away, JMO. I remember back in the day that PC games were mainly sold as physical copies and after a decade or so, you can hardly find physical copies of PC games.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Are digital versions of the game significantly more expensive than physical copies? I don't think they are and the reason that most prefer digital versions are out of convenience. May as well get on board with digital only because IMO its only a matter of time that physical versions of games go away, JMO. I remember back in the day that PC games were mainly sold as physical copies and after a decade or so, you can hardly find physical copies of PC games.
With GCU or Amazon you save $12. For me it's well worth it to just pay the $12 extra for a digital copy. I cannot stand messing with physical discs when I have multiple systems.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-19-2017, 12:19 AM   #21
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

The one big reason i will not buy digital on sports games like madden is you can't remove the updates and when the updates make the game worse which happens a bit it leaves you stuck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #22
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
So. Here's what someone said on Amazon. Currently looking for articles verifying it, but NBA Live 18 is also digital only. NHL 18 is digital only. Star Wars Battlefront 2 is digital only. Fifa 18 is digital only.

"Since we save money on Amazon preorders with having prime and preorder benefits,other retailers like GameStop,Walmart,Target,Best Buy and others are losing out on orders and making money because Amazon gets the most preorders out of all retailers and is killing the market because of the 20% off and day release shipping. Someone stopped all of that and now amazon can't sell physical copies of games until the day of release which we will still get 20% off,but won't have the game on launch day and can't secure a copy of the game ahead of time which is preordering it. It sucks,but I'm sure GameStop and Best Buy was behind it because o Amazon blowing them out in sales."

Here's an article talking about Amazon as a whole.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ama...-it-2017-07-13
If that is true, that is ridiculous. It would a shame if corporations with outdated business models (i.e. Best Buy) can prevent customers from purchasing the products in the most convenient manner and at the best price. If Best Buy and Gamestop are really loosing out on this, they need to adjust the way they operate, or face reality and close up, not try to compel Amazon to offer worse service or higher prices.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Still no pre-order on Amazon for the physical copy of Madden 18... SMH!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:33 AM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I just traded in some stuff on Amazon for instant payment. Went to pre order Madden and only digital copy. Was really wanting that physical discount.

If these companies are not offering physical copies on Amazon because of the prime discount, that's pretty low.

I guess I'll just get the digital since I already have credit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »