Home

Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

This is a discussion on Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #81
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Are you actually playing?
I will at least check it out. I'm a sim franchise guy and know that they wont be adding anything really new this year as far as that, but Longshot could be a pretty cool addition to the game IMO......or it could suck, but wont know until I actually play the thing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #82
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I will at least check it out. I'm a sim franchise guy and know that they wont be adding anything really new this year as far as that, but Longshot could be a pretty cool addition to the game IMO......or it could suck, but wont know until I actually play the thing.
Same boat here, I will try it, if I don't like it, I won't bother with it again.

There is a slight possibility it will keep me occupied until the season starts or then again, not.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Well they can't do more Longshot stories every year. It took them 4 years to just 1. And with Rex noticing and responding to Deuce's thread, maybe we'll get some more CFM additions next year.
4 years to make the mode, but it could be much easier to add stories to it than to build from scratch. Presumably they built it so that they could make a new story each year within the time they have to work on it.

From what we've seen the story looks kind of cringeworthy but I guess we'll see.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #84
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
4 years to make the mode, but it could be much easier to add stories to it than to build from scratch. Presumably they built it so that they could make a new story each year within the time they have to work on it.

From what we've seen the story looks kind of cringeworthy but I guess we'll see.

Lol. U know, I have a lot of issues with this story idea. And, at the same time, I get what they're doing and am ok with it.

But, u nailed it on the head for me. No matter how 'interesting' or playable a story mode in football might be, I'm just not a sappy guy, u know? Lol. So, for me, as well, I think no matter what the story is, it's going to be 'cringeworthy'. Lol

'My dad died on the night of the big game, and he told me, 'win, son, just win.' Or, 'my best friend died in a car accident the week of the state championship game.' Lol. I just don't go for the sappy stuff, so I think I'm going to be laughing a lot at the dialogue, regardless of the overall storyline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 9

It's good to see this issue get slightly more attention from more mainstream gaming press. the lack of cohesive gaming press today means that less of these issues can get attention, as companies rely more on 'Influencers' than traditional press.

The only way that EA prioritizes franchise additions is feedback and bad publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey

yeah, I suspect they're following this model because it'll be relatively easy to expand on this idea for a few seasons. This year's Longshot certainly seems to be around setting the story-bedrock for a football storyline, as it doesn't have much (or any?) involvement with the NFL (correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read, you never actually play on an NFL team in this year's mode). Following from that, it would make sense that they'd add additional stories next year and going forward to different points of the character's career.

It's just not something that I care about as a football fan. I'm sure that some people do, but being a football fan has always been about managing a team, and less so about managing the career of a single player. I make my own "storylines" in my head that are less about the relationship between my fictitious players and their fathers, and more about the history of a franchise or league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #86
Banned

i hope they really work on this, theres a lot of potential
Old 07-19-2017, 01:40 AM   #87
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. U know, I have a lot of issues with this story idea. And, at the same time, I get what they're doing and am ok with it.

But, u nailed it on the head for me. No matter how 'interesting' or playable a story mode in football might be, I'm just not a sappy guy, u know? Lol. So, for me, as well, I think no matter what the story is, it's going to be 'cringeworthy'. Lol

'My dad died on the night of the big game, and he told me, 'win, son, just win.' Or, 'my best friend died in a car accident the week of the state championship game.' Lol. I just don't go for the sappy stuff, so I think I'm going to be laughing a lot at the dialogue, regardless of the overall storyline.

If we can get past the writing it will be ok. 4 years raises my expectations to unrealistic levels for everything but the writing. Considering who is doing the writing I suspect it will be Sharknado 4 caliber. Not for lack of effort, but writing screenplays, dialogue, shorts is a skill their linkedins don't suggest they have.

(Unless there's a ghostwriter)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »