Home

Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

This is a discussion on Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

obviously just wait and see. Like many have said, I'm hoping the gameplay will make a huge impact on how CFM is played. Proper injuries and player differences, if work as advertised, would make it a great experience. I think the biggest thing is making the mode fun to play. Gameplay is number 1.

Number 2 seems to be what they could possibly add from career mode.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Man, I need to stay away from the forums. lol

I used Play the Moments for Madden because the kicking game was messed up in 17. Play the Moments made the kicking game more sim vs 20 yd punts or automatic fgs.

That means I'm a casual/child?

I'm all on board with the lack of CFM improvements over the last 5 years, but not at the expense of labeling people.

Eh, no thanks.

Last edited by roadman; 07-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

The limitations of CFM have left me becoming bored with Madden quickly for years. It's not a bad game, just tough to spend 40 bucks when I'm done playing it within a month.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #36
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I used Play the Moments for Madden because the kicking game was messed up in 17. Play the Moments made the kicking game more sim vs 20 yd punts or automatic fgs.

I'm all on board with the lack of CFM improvements over the last 5 years, but not at the expense of labeling people.

Eh, no thanks.
You could do the same thing using the supersim feature that has been in the game forever for all kicking situations.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #37
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Eh, no thanks.

Lol. Play the moments is tough, though, man. I agree with u, here, and I use it for end of game when I'm up by 21 or something. But, I will say that what's so tough about an upgrade like this is that for some people, it was completely unnecessary, and wasn't really what they were looking for as an upgrade. And, I can imagine something like that did take quite a bit of time.

I can only speak for myself, truly, but I do believe a lot of franchise people simply want more depth and control and/or immersion. Play the moments didn't give that. It seems like a solid sim engine and it can allow for a wide variety of gameplay styles. But, again, for me, I play all my games. That's what's great about football. It's only 16 games per season. It's feasible to play multiple seasons over the course of an actual year. I have no reason to sim. That being said, I will absolutely say that it added something to CFM (for the people that use it), but for those that don't use it, we, obviously, wish the time spent on creating that could've gone elsewhere in CFM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
You could do the same thing using the supersim feature that has been in the game forever for all kicking situations.
I could, but I tried a new feature and I enjoyed it for that part of the game.

Hopefully, there isn't anything wrong with that.

Plus, there was a ton of people in the slider forums that don't make there way down here that used the feature as well.

Same reason why I won't report here if I like Longshot a little bit.

Last edited by roadman; 07-12-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Play the moments is tough, though, man. I agree with u, here, and I use it for end of game when I'm up by 21 or something. But, I will say that what's so tough about an upgrade like this is that for some people, it was completely unnecessary, and wasn't really what they were looking for as an upgrade. And, I can imagine something like that did take quite a bit of time.

I can only speak for myself, truly, but I do believe a lot of franchise people simply want more depth and control and/or immersion. Play the moments didn't give that. It seems like a solid sim engine and it can allow for a wide variety of gameplay styles. But, again, for me, I play all my games. That's what's great about football. It's only 16 games per season. It's feasible to play multiple seasons over the course of an actual year. I have no reason to sim. That being said, I will absolutely say that it added something to CFM (for the people that use it), but for those that don't use it, we, obviously, wish the time spent on creating that could've gone elsewhere in CFM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I could play the whole game out, but with the kicking situation last year, I used Play the Moment.

I thought I said I was all on board with the lack of improvements with CFM over the past 5 years??
Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #40
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

At least another media source has criticized EA for the lack of CFM updates this year. Not that it matters a ton, but it would be nice to see these guys really give Madden a lower overall score when it comes out based on this. (i doubt it since even some of the other Madden games have decent ratings even though both game play and franchise were not good.) And Im sure gameplay will be better so the score will high and lack of CFM additions will be a footnote.

As for the complaint about resources being shared...Here's my take if EA had a better track record when saying these things I think people would be much more accepting and excited that we may get some "longshot" or NBA Live features in Madden. Say for example (hypothetically speaking), long Shot had cut scene highlights from around the league or NBA had a weekly highlight show. But what i think sticks in everyone's mind is that when they made the change to CFM they said making online, offline and superstar mode all one we can add so much more year to year. Have we gotten additions, yes, but we are not anywhere near what we had on old XBOX days around 2005ish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »