Home

Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

This is a discussion on Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #57
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

And to bring up your last point, I agree. Some people on Twitter are calling for John White's job. That's going a bit too far with the state of affairs, I don't think Duece wants that, either. As you said, they are being handcuffed at the current moment, but I think we see some additions to CFM in 19 and more. I'm getting to old if that isn't the case.

Yeah i saw that, and people are just , well dumb for saying that quite frankly. John has been a good head of CFM and im sure it was not his choice to go work on Live.He has been the best head of CFM as far as im concerned. He is the only one who has taken the time to respond to my DMs on twitter, listen , and talk with me on things.As i stated before, i told him about not being able to put people on auto from the app after they updated the app.He didnt even know that the update caused that issue. He stayed in communication with me until they got it resolved, asking me to check and see if it was working yet.The guy does really try, what is so frustrating is knowing they have people like him and rex in place that could do great things with madden, but they are not allowed to.Also what worries me there is,how long will they put up with the handcuffs before they themselves get fed up with it?Then what? just start all over again in a new direction.

Yeah i know the montra, its a business.Well 1 thing i know about business, make a great product, it will sell and you will have more sells from word of mouth than you think from doing that.Think about all the people who have already stopped buying madden over the last 10 years and refuse to. Now imagine they hearing from everyone playing it, things have finally really turned around.Im not sure why thats so hard for the big dogs to understand .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat

Yeah i know the montra, its a business.Well 1 thing i know about business, make a great product, it will sell and you will have more sells from word of mouth than you think from doing that.Think about all the people who have already stopped buying madden over the last 10 years and refuse to. Now imagine they hearing from everyone playing it, things have finally really turned around.Im not sure why thats so hard for the big dogs to understand .
It's because they see the same sales volume stay the same or slightly increased over the past few years.

If they saw a drop in the bottom line, maybe they would go in a direction that is favorable.

All those people that stopped buying over the past decade have been replaced by a newer generation.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
No, no way that will be added all in one year, but if several of those items were added next year and the following years, I would be a happy camper and I think others would be too. I know history shows otherwise, but at least this should be considered a glimmer of hope at the least.

Some are acting it's too late to be happy if some of those additions are added in the next several years. Yes, it's ok to feel burned from the past, but I would hope there is a glimmer of hope that Rex will share this info with John White.

And to bring up your last point, I agree. Some people on Twitter are calling for John White's job. That's going a bit too far with the state of affairs, I don't think Duece wants that, either. As you said, they are being handcuffed at the current moment, but I think we see some additions to CFM in 19 and more. I'm getting to0 old if that isn't the case.

Hopefully, we see '19 have some cfm improvements. The problem is we are always waiting for the game that may come out next time before this year's game is released. Deuce's article that Rex recently referenced came out before madden '17. That was before the, "biggest franchise Improvement ever" came out. Franchise may get better over the years but the pace ea is willing to go means we will never have an immersive franchise as long as they are the only comany making the game. I will still buy it and play it as i love me some football but interest will wane quickly when I start my basketball franchise. In fact, I am going home tonight to make a big decision on which future hall of famer I can afford to keep at 31 years old and which I am going to have to let walk. I have thought of that a lot today while madden, my favorite sport by far hasn't been in my console in over six months.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Hopefully, we see '19 have some cfm improvements. The problem is we are always waiting for the game that may come out next time before this year's game is released. Deuce's article that Rex recently referenced came out before madden '17. That was before the, "biggest franchise Improvement ever" came out. Franchise may get better over the years but the pace ea is willing to go means we will never have an immersive franchise as long as they are the only comany making the game. I will still buy it and play it as i love me some football but interest will wane quickly when I start my basketball franchise. In fact, I am going home tonight to make a big decision on which future hall of famer I can afford to keep at 31 years old and which I am going to have to let walk. I have thought of that a lot today while madden, my favorite sport by far hasn't been in my console in over six months.
I'm thinking this is the first time Rex has seen the article and had time to read it.

I'm just the opposite, I have Madden in the console because of game play and the basketball game ****ting on the shelf lately because of game play.

I do agree CFM needs some major attention for players to get back into Madden.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #61
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
It's because they see the same sales volume stay the same or slightly increased over the past few years.

If they saw a drop in the bottom line, maybe they would go in a direction that is favorable.

All those people that stopped buying over the past decade have been replaced by a newer generation.
(Im taking these numbers from the major consoles over these years)Yeah sorta , they went downhill from 2006-11 ( 11 was low point),12 had just very marginal increase. 13 went up , then 25 back down.15 and 16 grew but from 16- 17 they lost 1.51 million in sales of the game .Which was just above the lowest point in that 11 year span by only .46 million.So in reality, 17 was almost as low as the lowest point in 11 years. Or 4th lowest in 11 years. 15 and 16 saw 3rd and 4th best years.But to go from3rd best ( 16) to 4th lowest in 17 .. is a drop one would think they would take notice of .

Madden 06- 8.11 Million
Madden 07- 7.84 Million
Madden 08- 6.2 Million
Madden 09- 6.08 Million
Madden 10- 6.18 Million
Madden 11- 5.58 Million
Madden 12- 5.62 Million
Madden 13- 6.32 Million
Madden 25- 5.88 Million
Madden 15- 7.37 Million
Madden 16- 7.55 Million
Madden 17- 6.04 Million
All this info is per:
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=madden

Which is why one thing i plan to do, and i suggest anyone who is tired of how EA handles CFM or gameplay , to not buy it at release, and buy it used somewhere like ebay the following week ( thus not counted as a new sale).Its time they notice another drop this year.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 07-13-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
(Im taking these numbers from the major consoles over these years)Yeah sorta , they went downhill from 2006-11 ( 11 was low point),12 had just very marginal increase. 13 went up , then 25 back down.15 and 16 grew but from 16- 17 they lost 1.51 million in sales of the game .Which was just above the lowest point in that 11 year span by only .46 million.So in reality, 17 was almost as low as the lowest point in 11 years. Or 4th lowest in 11 years. 15 and 16 saw 3rd and 4th best years.But to go from3rd best ( 16) to 4th lowest in 17 .. is a drop one would think they would take notice of .

All this info is per:
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=madden

Which is why one thing i plan to do, and i suggest anyone who is tired of how EA handles CFM or gameplay , to not buy it at release, and buy it used somewhere the following week.Its time they notice another drop this year.
That probably is the correct strategy on a personal level. Of course, my business acumen says, if they see lower proceeds, that means lower resources for CFM.

Plus, I'm not sure if I would put game play in the same category as CFM. Game play they keep adding too and this years they separated the modes and supposedly, with people that have had experience with the game said you will notice more differentials with the players this year.

Shopmaster is claiming this is the biggest jump in game play in 5 years, we'll see.

PS- Don't forget, and we just went through this last week, you aren't figuring into the equation digital sales. Between FIFA and Madden in Feb. 2017, they had 800 million in digital sales. VG Chartz don't factor in digital sales.

Last edited by roadman; 07-13-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #63
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
1-That probably is the correct strategy on a personal level. Of course, my business acumen says, if they see lower proceeds, that means lower resources for CFM.

2-Shopmaster is claiming this is the biggest jump in game play in 5 years, we'll see.

3-PS- Don't forget, and we just went through this last week, you aren't figuring into the equation digital sales. Between FIFA and Madden in Feb. 2017, they had 800 million in digital sales. VG Chartz don't factor in digital sales.

1- See thats the real dilemma here is it not? We dont buy it enough, maybe they cut back on the already under funded CFM team. We do buy it , see madden is great , look at all those sales.....Seems we cant really get a W . But for me, im not giving EA money anymore( For madden, they make a great game in Battlefield, but thats a dif topic) period. They keep having people asking about would we pay more for a better CFM.Im actually given them less money until its improved as it should be.EA makes enough now they can afford to improve it and still have very very high profits. So im not going to just give them even more in hopes, just a hope mind you, they will improve it more once we give more. No promise , just a hope and in EA thats not going very far with me or with many who have dealt with them over the years.

2-Every year we hear something similar though dont we? "this year you will really see the improvements" I mean its always something like that we hear each year.But when we get our hands on it, we see alot of flaws , alot of times same ones been around forever, then they add some to it by things they try to add.So , as always believe it when i see it.

3-Good point there.Those earlier years there was no such thing as digital sales. Also could note , if in terms of profit, i have no doubt that since MUT started madden profit margins have only grown, tremendously. Which would only really make people question more, how is it, we have more powerful consoles, they are profiting more than ever , and yet CFM is just , well not improving that much from year to year?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
1- See thats the real dilemma here is it not? We dont buy it enough, maybe they cut back on the already under funded CFM team. We do buy it , see madden is great , look at all those sales.....Seems we cant really get a W . But for me, im not giving EA money anymore( For madden, they make a great game in Battlefield, but thats a dif topic) period. They keep having people asking about would we pay more for a better CFM.Im actually given them less money until its improved as it should be.EA makes enough now they can afford to improve it and still have very very high profits. So im not going to just give them even more in hopes, just a hope mind you, they will improve it more once we give more. No promise , just a hope and in EA thats not going very far with me or with many who have dealt with them over the years.

2-Every year we hear something similar though dont we? "this year you will really see the improvements" I mean its always something like that we hear each year.But when we get our hands on it, we see alot of flaws , alot of times same ones been around forever, then they add some to it by things they try to add.So , as always believe it when i see it.

3-Good point there.Those earlier years there was no such thing as digital sales. Also could note , if in terms of profit, i have no doubt that since MUT started madden profit margins have only grown, tremendously. Which would only really make people question more, how is it, we have more powerful consoles, they are profiting more than ever , and yet CFM is just , well not improving that much from year to year?
You won't get much of a debate from me on some of your points above.

As far as Shopmaster is concerned, he's a CFM guy and is disappointed with the CFM lack of improvements and has expressed his frustrations about it on Twitter. So, I don't see why he wouldn't be transparent about the game play aspect. Plus, he was lamenting about EA not showing the videos sooner so the public could see the improvements he has noticed.

I'll tell you what I've learned over the last several years. In some areas of the game, the improvements have been noticeable, especially game play, not so much, CFM. EA will make the game they want to at their own pace. To them, they put forth a lot of resources into CFM last year and to the consumer, it's not as noticeable. We are not privy to their financial statements or balance sheets to claim otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »