Home

We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process memory

This is a discussion on We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process memory within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process mem

Why is that so sad? Mlb the show has the same issue.

Don't really see why people need to have those anyway, I'm fine with just a generic nfc/afc uniform.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process mem

I believe them, but I also believe it's not a high enough priority for them to find a solution....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #11
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Why is that so sad? Mlb the show has the same issue.

Don't really see why people need to have those anyway, I'm fine with just a generic nfc/afc uniform.

Be interested to see how many people actually play the ASG in the show.... I know I don't and don't know anyone who does either. Just don't see it such a pressing priority for the community.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Be interested to see how many people actually play the ASG in the show.... I know I don't and don't know anyone who does either. Just don't see it such a pressing priority for the community.

I never played it in madden and usually get bored of it in my show franchise by the 5th inning.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite

Agree, I know the Pro Bowl isn't a big deal anymore just based on the Nielsen ratings alone. The ratings have declined a lot over the last several years.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree, I know the Pro Bowl isn't a big deal anymore just based on the Nielsen ratings alone. The ratings have declined a lot over the last several years.
Also, to make the pro bowl sim they would have to change the whole game program. They would have to make the players not give a ****, not hit hard and only rush four. Basically, they would have to program it so that JJ is running around bloody, spazzing out and crushing it while everyone else laughs thinking about what they are doing after the game.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #15
Banned

Brightline's Arena

I believe that because of limitations, doing this would be not be super easy. I do not believe it cannot be done.

Please go look at some of these open world games like GTA and tell me having different helmets cannot be done.

Disclaimer: I am not a programmer and may have no idea what im talking about.

Last edited by Brightline; 07-17-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

From another thread:

Open-world games use a lot of tech tricks to look as good as they do which aren't directly applicable to Madden. For example, environmental level-of-detail isn't really relevant to Madden because the in-game environment - the stadium - is pretty static and always on screen at a consistent distance from the gameplay camera. You'll notice polygonal LODs on the player geometry as you zoom in and out, but I don't know if I've seen anything like that on the stadiums.

Environmental LOD is what really makes open-world and exploration-based games go, dating back to Spyro The Dragon on consoles (and probably earlier games as well, but Spyro was one of the first ones to pull it off really well on PSX at least). There's also rarely if any occluding geometry in sports games with which to immediately cull stuff out of the rendering pipeline because another object obstructs it from the camera; if there's something in or near the gameplay area in a sports game, it's most likely visible and ergo getting rendered, whereas in downtown GTA V obstructed cars and NPCs don't even get sent to the graphics card to get rendered because there are buildings in the way.

Enjoy: http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/...raphics-study/
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »