Home

We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process memory

This is a discussion on We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process memory within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #17
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process mem

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Be interested to see how many people actually play the ASG in the show.... I know I don't and don't know anyone who does either. Just don't see it such a pressing priority for the community.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
There are numerous pressing priorities that the community have wanted for years that still aren't in the game, so I'd say that's a moot point. Improvements really aren't community driven to any great extent. My problem is less concerned with features that have never been there as opposed to those that were and no longer are. Like the Pro Bowl. Like the Hall of Fame game. And like countless other aspects of franchise mode that would stop it becoming painfully stale after a season.

Never has there been a greater need for EA to be pushed harder in terms of developing this game.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #18
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: We don't get to play the pro bowl in CFM because the game runs out of process mem

I always found this to be a lousy lame excuse by the ea devs

I understand it's not high on there list At least admit that instead of using a decade old excuse as to why it's not in

They used to have individual Team Helmets In Madden & this was on ps2 & I think the best Madden ever created had it Madden 2005

So this is just an excuse for something not high on the list that should be in game because The ps4 is more powerful then the ps2 & has more powerful tech & a lot more memory

So this excuse that it would run out of memory is just that PS4 memory & power is just pure insanity & it's a dream system as devs can do so much with the ps4 hardware the sky the limit

But it's a matter of effort & wanting to include it & I always use to enjoy playing the pro bowl games because it was fun & different

They say you see it on Sundays you will see it in Madden well we know that's false advertising

Because if that's the truth

Where my individual Team Helmets In pro bowl?,

Where my retractable roofs in franchise?

Where Assisstent Coaches on sidelines & in coaches pool in franchise owner mode?

Where Dynamic Weather?

Where is my pre game studio show halftime show & lost post game show like in nfl 2k5 & 2k series? How about an nfl network style One like NFL Gameday morning NFL Total Access halftime show & NFL Gameday Final in studio shows??

Where's My ability to challenge what I want to challenge like for example was he in bounds vs just the current challenge system we have now..

Where's is the hall of fame game as part of preseason schedule & being inducted to hof in cfm?

Where my team mascot & official music like for opening kickoff crazy train by Ozzie Osborn??

Where is my all Madden team? & Tony Bruno type Radio Show in Madden in franchise?

Where's my Training camp & everything the made Madden 05 great?

Lastly where is my legends of the game playable outside of MUT guys who made the nfl what it is should be included outside of MUT please bring back legends & retired coaches & more

We see all of these on Sundays we need to see off of these in Madden & ps4 has the power to have all of this just a matter of the devs wanting to put the time in to add this stuff in

Other games can do it so can Madden

Please stop making excuses EA your close to making Madden great again just needs to add even half of these things listed above & you will be up there with Madden 05!

Can't wait for Madden 18 as long as gameplay isn't horried like Madden interception 17 is

Or Madden unstoppable in 2 min offense 17 is

Or Madden I let 90 & below players blow past a 99 or pick apart 99 overall teams 17!

& Madden I'm to scared to game shots deep & run short pass plays 95% of time 17

As long as alot of this stuff in 18 has been fixed I can tolerate it until all this other stuff has I listed been added

Go Chiefs!!! Back to back AFC West Champs in 2017!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Don't kill the messenger, but I saw someone yesterday on Twitter say that EA sees people bypassing or clicking out of FM a lot. So, that might tell the suits it's not a focus.

Also, the suits may feel that if you have a super immersive FM mode, will you personally come out of hibernation and pick up the next installment of the game?

Plus, hopefully they are serious when the pour over duece's blueprint for CFM.

Crazy Train, Start Me Up are too costly licenses.

Last edited by roadman; 07-17-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 1

I'm pretty sure when games output at 480p on a picture tube tv, nobody at EA cared when the helmets were fuzzy & pixelated.

In the age of HD and Ultra HD (4K), those helmets would not pass muster and is surely not a product EA wants to put their stamp on.

But keep on keepin on with the "lazy" and "poor excuse" stuff. That'll show 'em!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
I believe that because of limitations, doing this would be not be super easy. I do not believe it cannot be done.

Please go look at some of these open world games like GTA and tell me having different helmets cannot be done.

Disclaimer: I am not a programmer and may have no idea what im talking about.
It's basically a case of "we could do it, but some other graphics thing would have to either get scaled back or removed entirely". There are always trade-offs, sometimes small and sometimes large. It appears, thought, that making the game have inconsistent graphics fidelity in the Pro Bowl to get the helmets in is not one they want to make.

Regardless, it's a moot point at the moment because the Pro Bowl isn't playable in Franchise right now anyway. Maybe that changes this year - isn't the Pro Bowl game moving to Orlando, in which case it'd be right near the Tiburon office? - but until we can actually play the Pro Bowl, the helmets don't matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #22
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm pretty sure when games output at 480p on a picture tube tv, nobody at EA cared when the helmets were fuzzy & pixelated.

In the age of HD and Ultra HD (4K), those helmets would not pass muster and is surely not a product EA wants to put their stamp on.

But keep on keepin on with the "lazy" and "poor excuse" stuff. That'll show 'em!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Maybe it isn't lazy from the developers standpoint but from the management team above them. I read John White's Twitter replies and he seems genuinely fed up with the lack of anything in CFM this year. That he's genuinely tired of answering "not this year" or "same as M17". I don't doubt for one second that he wants to deliver a much better, more immersive franchise mode.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 07-17-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #23
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Wait a second though, back in the old days, when you could play the Pro Bowl, didn't the teams just have generic AFC/NFC helmets too? I could be wrong, but feel like they did?
No, they didn't have generic helmets.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #24
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
No, they didn't have generic helmets.

Had generic every year on the PS3 and 360 correct?

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »