Home

Which do you hate more- MUT or Longshot?

This is a discussion on Which do you hate more- MUT or Longshot? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Which do you hate more- MUT or Longshot?

Haven't tried longshot, yet, difficult to gage something you haven't tried.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

I haven't tried Longshot yet, so it's too early to say.

I honestly don't hate MUT, it's just a part of the game that I never play and have zero interest in pay-to-win or grind-to-win modes. In some ways, I like MUT because it brings in a tremendous amount of revenue for the game, and it's helped EA generate post-sales revenue for a game that used to primarily only lose money post sale (patches, post-release development, support, etc). So, MUT is good in that it brings more revenue for the game and keeps Madden relevant to EA.

MUT worries me because most of the developments in the game seem to point back to feeding MUT users. I think Draft Champions is a really unique and clever idea, and filled a gap that Madden missed, but it's clear that Draft Champions is a vehicle for promoting MUT.

My fear is that Madden will move all modes into MUT promotion vehicles because the revenue pressure is there. You know that dev teams have to have conversations and meetings where production management tells them to brainstorm how to help incentivize non-MUT modes to promote MUT, and it must be a painful experience for developers who do not care about microtransactions minigames.

I also have a lingering theory that Madden is moving more towards a Games as a Service model, where we could see the primary single-player (or co-op franchise) as a stand alone release, while Madden Ultimate Team becomes a free, service-tier game. EA has done too much experimentation in services and it seems like the foundation is there to break it away from the product. When or if that day comes, my worry is that franchise (and other primarily simulation style) mode becomes bastardized and goes without significant improvements. To me, Longshot fits this model, where a "Madden 18 - Longshot" gets released, which might include the single player story mode and a franchise mode, while Madden Ultimate Team is a service model based on microtransactions.

Last edited by Rebel10; 07-19-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Plenty of other threads for the "sim community" to bash non-sim game modes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »