Home

New Marketing Strategy?

This is a discussion on New Marketing Strategy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: New Marketing Strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That surprised me. If all we're waiting on is a trailer then I'm not even going to pay attention until release. The fact that Sim said that he doesn't even know if there's going to be a capture event makes me think there won't be any gameplay in any form prior to release. Blogs will be nice though.
Yeah I watched that too. I'm looking forward to blogs way more than gameplay trailers or even gameplay to be honest. It isn't like this is a new game altogether or console, so for me as like as it is better than 17 I'm good. Because they wont be able to directly every gameplay issue fix/addition in a gameplay video.
Blogs are way more in detail and after they release, I'm pretty sure Rex, Clint, and crew will be more than willing to answer any questions pertaining to those issues after a blog is released
Old 07-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Very few people make their Madden purchasing decision in the middle of July. The angst right now means almost nothing.
The thing is it did though for Madden 11 look back on the forums and you'll see sales that yr went down.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by seththor
The thing is it did though for Madden 11 look back on the forums and you'll see sales that yr went down.

That's because it was difficult to top Madden 10.

That was my favorite Madden during that period of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 11:18 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's because it was difficult to top Madden 10.

That was my favorite Madden during that period of time.
It was weird because 11 seemed like it went backwards I just wish they would have kept Madden 12 franchise.
All the roles your players could get really had an impact on the gameplay.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That surprised me. If all we're waiting on is a trailer then I'm not even going to pay attention until release. The fact that Sim said that he doesn't even know if there's going to be a capture event makes me think there won't be any gameplay in any form prior to release. Blogs will be nice though.
You will get gameplay before release. It just may not be weeks before release. For example with UFC 2, EA had a capture event the week before release and didnt allow the Youtubers to release footage until 4-5 days before launch day.

I wouldnt be shocked if Madden did the same thing.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #38
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

What I like about the gameplay video is the pick by Norman. Thats the standard canned animation we had in M17. I dont know how many times Ive seen that animation at work.

So yeah, waiting till the game is 50% off or more.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:20 AM   #39
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, Madden 13 took the cake.

I still don't get this, and I know I'm in the minority, but I LOVED 13. 13, to date, might still be the most unique madden. Everyone complains about the flailing limbs after the tackle, lol, and yes, those types of glitches looked wonky. But, that game felt less tethered than previous maddens and it felt so much more organic because they got rid of the canned animations.

I'll say it again, I know I'm in the minority. But, for me 13 was 2 steps forward and 25 was 1 step backwards. Lol. I didn't like 25 or 15. But, 13 was the closest thing to FIFA physics which is exactly what madden has always needed. I, seriously, do not understand why people didn't like 13. I did have tweak sliders to make it better. With default setup, u actually didn't see half the animations available in that game. But, if u turned up catching and tackles as an example, u suddenly saw tip toe sideline catches and the aggressive catches we see today, and solid hits. Oh, man, seriously, that was the most organic madden to date, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 12:35 AM   #40
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »