Home

Sim or competitive mode?

This is a discussion on Sim or competitive mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Sim or competitive mode?

Well if SIM mode really makes the players ratings matter then definitely SIM.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Interesting question. I'm assuming you can play either in CFM? If that's the case, I'll probably create two CFM's (1 sim; 1 competitive) and see which one I like more. They both have their plus/minus.

Not to hijack Sonofthedudes post, but I'm curious, with the separation of modes, do sliders still exist?
Yeah. I am under that assumption as well but who really knows. They have kinda been selling it as a choice it seems. Thats a good idea to do a fran of each. Not hijacking bro. Im just bored and like talking about the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I will be trying Sim first; I hope that the tendency of the CPU defenders to hit stick is toned down, for one. Seems the main way for the game to get QB completion percentages in line with the NFL is to have a lot of knock outs from big hits every other play.

I just recently went back to playing CFM because MUT is just not worth it at this time, especially since I changed from Xbone to PS4 and thus lost all my progress about 3 months ago. Certain issues in CFM bother me, and it is generally associated with the randomness; penalties for example, seem almost too coincidental to be random - seems a lot of times when I make a big offensive play, there will be a penalty; holding especially. The bad throws seem to almost always happen when throwing to a receiver who is almost embarrassingly open.

It is these little tendencies within the randomness that may push me to play on Comp. mode. And I prefer not to mess with sliders any more; did that for the last 10 years or so, and just tired of it.

Sent from my SM-A710K using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2017, 07:26 AM   #11
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I will be playing on Sim mode since I want ratings to matter most of all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
This is a hard question since we haven't even tried the game yet.

But if sim is what sim should be it will be the ONLY thing I use. I strictly play offline franchise and want to "feel" the ratings of the players. If my 3rd string QB is in I shouldn't be able to do the same as I can with my 1st stringer.
Dude. I hear ya. I think they did a little better with that this year but killed it with the xp system. Matt Barkley as is is not going to put up Drew Brees numbers but u can quickly beef him up and withon a season or so he will. U agree? But I will add the caveat that throw power is too over powered. Guy with 96 tp can be a factor real fast if u have good wide outs. Jamarcus Russell had a monster arm but the guy sucked. Not the case in the game

Sent from my SM-A710K using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

I want ratings and randomness to play a part in an immersive, realism-focused online CFM experience.

But I completely, 100% get why some folks would play on competitive mode. If you don't want randomness to be a factor and want individual games to be bragging rights contests of almost entirely user skill, that makes sense and competitive is probably the way to go.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 07-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I want ratings and randomness to play a part in an immersive, realism-focused online CFM experience.

But I completely, 100% get why some folks would play on competitive mode. If you don't want randomness to be a factor and want individual games to be bragging rights contests of almost entirely user skill, that makes sense and competitive is probably the way to go.
I know some people like to play that way but I just don't understand it. To me that negates even having the actual nfl players in the game or maybe their physical skills but everything else is equal so that only speed, acceleration, strength and Agility matter. To me that has been the problem with Madden for a long time. Physical skills matter way too much and every thing else that makes a great football player is ignored or easily upgraded through the xp system.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #15
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Sim mode. Strictly offline CFM guy. H2H is still against friends or family, so I'd still go with player ratings and the random stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People can do what they want, but it's strange to me to read from some players around the net who think of themselves as sim players, contemplate playing their multiplayer CFM on competitive mode, especially when there isn't money involved.

No injuries, no trait based penalties, no drops or off target passes above a certain ratings threshold, being the purposely used settings is completely unappealing to me as a sim guy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »