Home

Madden 18: Target Passing Blog

This is a discussion on Madden 18: Target Passing Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #49
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18: Target Passing Blog

It sounds and looks good on the surface. I hope that controlling the reticle is relatively easy; it would be nice if stick sensitivity was adjustable in game, but I doubt it would be; though this feature reminds me of targeting an enemy in a First Person Shooter (FPS), and I believe users who are good at the FPS games might find this mechanic easier to grasp and run with.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #50
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Neither of these are accurate.

Target Passing is just L-Stick Sensitivity (i.e. Pass Lead Sensitivity) that was hidded to the User, now made User available via button, to trigger the Sensitivity at the defined threshold (not 100% because we would be throwing all over the place and complaint more)

Ratings has always and still do matter.

Even with TP triggered, other ratings such as CIT/SPC are still active in deciding inaccurate throws and/or the win/loss on catch attempts.

People just lack understanding to the "functionality and/role" of Ratings being used in the game misinterpret what should/shouldn't be happening.

***Rex said they're going to try and release information to the community on the actual functionality of a rating during gameplay to help

The AI doesn't need to trigger an increased "L-Stick Sensitivity" on passes, so the usage (User only) is correctly applied in this case.

Yeah, the WR ratings matter, sure. But, Rex even said in an interview somewhere the QB accuracy ratings won't matter with this. Wherever u aim is where the ball goes. He didn't mention any speed of movement or anything.

I think that's what most are talking about when differentiating QBs with target passing. It's the QB accuracy ratings that are lost. QB throw power should still factor, I believe. But, a qb's accuracy is kind of important in real life. With target passing, it's just not there.

Again, if they change the speed of moving the target or something, that tied specifically into accuracy ratings, that would allow for separation of difficulty for tom Brady and Joe Shmoe. But, as it's been explained thus far, it sounds like if Joe Shmoe has a stronger arm than Brady, if he uses target passing, he'll prob be better than Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #51
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Neither of these are accurate.

Target Passing is just L-Stick Sensitivity (i.e. Pass Lead Sensitivity) that was hidded to the User, now made User available via button, to trigger the Sensitivity at the defined threshold (not 100% because we would be throwing all over the place and complaint more)

Ratings has always and still do matter.

Even with TP triggered, other ratings such as CIT/SPC are still active in deciding inaccurate throws and/or the win/loss on catch attempts.

People just lack understanding to the "functionality and role" of Ratings being used in the game and misinterpret what should/shouldn't be happening.
***Rex said they're going to try and release information to the community on the actual functionality of a rating during gameplay to help

The AI doesn't need to trigger an increased "L-Stick Sensitivity" on passes, so the usage (User only) is correctly applied in this case.
Rex disagrees

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #52
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

They should just make the default ball placement better (less correction you have to make) or maybe have like an aim assist mechanic the higher your accuracy rating.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #53
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't understand how you implement this but don't take into account ratings. Once your good with this all QBs are exactly the same. I really don't get why they would think that's a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm reading on Twitter it requires a lot of time and practice.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #55
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

I know for me being that the passer ratings do not matter I will not be using this

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 1

I have 0 interest in this if ratings aren't taken into account. That kills it for me. Why draft or develop or sign a great QB in Franchise if they will all throw the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »