Home

Madden 18 uniform error corrections

This is a discussion on Madden 18 uniform error corrections within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #129
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Madden 18 uniform error corrections

Bears stripes and GSH are still HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGE and ridiculous looking. Especially on the home jerseys.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #130
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Your eyes are seeing what they want to see -- there is no improvement in that video.
After playing the retail version, I'll now have to agree with you. I was mostly looking at the Pats in the video. They seem to be one of the only teams in the game to have a proportional nameplate font. Teams like the Bills and Lions are still way off.

It's so strange that only a few teams have realistic nameplates at this point. Hopefully this gets fixed in future patches.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-24-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #131
Pro

OVR: 1

Hi Kane,

I've never posted in one of these before, but figured I'd give it a shot. Any chance you could take a peek at the 49ers sleeves? They have a new stripe design now, it doesn't wrap around like years prior. I'll post a pic from Madden 18, followed by real life pics to try to explain myself better:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #132
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Incorrect facemask is loading for the Riddell TK helmet for the vintage 2-bar mask. Modern facemask is loading on it instead. Riddell TK standard, one bar, and cage seem to be fine.

Last edited by l8knight1; 08-25-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #133
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Incorrect facemask is loading for the Riddell TK helmet for the vintage 2-bar mask. Modern facemask is loading on it instead. Riddell TK standard, one bar, and cage seem to be fine.
This needs addressed, soon please. This is a problem for making classic rosters.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:31 PM   #134
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
This needs addressed, soon please. This is a problem for making classic rosters.
I am told from a reliable source that this has been/will be addressed in a coming patch, and that roster makers can go ahead with editing. Edited players with the incorrect mask will be fixed automatically.

Kane: AWESOME work this year, especially retro helmets with numbers (Broncos/Chargers/Browns) just bad A$$ work on those. Colors are just excellent across the board. Also, noticed that when choosing black/black shoes no more mismatch...stripes on long sleeves work for the teams I saw, Rams grey facemask for 70's uni is killer, just to name a few items...
Old 08-28-2017, 10:05 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 7

Great news to us uniform gurus...I asked if there was an update regarding the nameplate issue?

KANE messaged me by saying this, "Yep, happening in an upcoming patch."
He also said we need to keep the uniform thread open if we see legit uniform issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #136
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
To follow up on this point: The real problem is that Madden sees "socks" as one unit whereas in real life they are two-pieced as the post above mentions. In Madden, the white part (bottom part) of the striped socks is tied to the striped part (top part of the sock), while in real life the striped part with be a sort of legging players have from the knee until the sheen, and another totally different sock which they can adjust to the length they want.

Until Madden separates socks in this way, I don't think it will be possible to have proper looking striped sock lengths in the game. So it is not a rules issues, it is an issue of how they code the uniforms in the game.
We don't need it to be separated. We just want to adjust the length of the stripes on the socks. If i'm paying 60 dollars I want my team to look how they do in real life. I'll take small victories at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »