Home

Madden 18 uniform error corrections

This is a discussion on Madden 18 uniform error corrections within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #17
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 uniform error corrections

I agree , I would still like the ones on the left , but also put the ones on the right in as well. Put them instead of " black and primary color" or " black and secondary color" .
Old 07-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I've begged forever for them to fox the ridiculously oversized stripes and GSH on the Bears sleeves.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #19
Rookie

cody.morgan24's Arena

Striped socks definitely need adjustable lengths like the "Real NFL" It's not illegal as long as the stripe is showing. It's such a visual eyesore in a otherwise great looking game. There's no excuse to not to fix it.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #20
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.morgan24
Striped socks definitely need adjustable lengths like the "Real NFL" It's not illegal as long as the stripe is showing. It's such a visual eyesore in a otherwise great looking game. There's no excuse to not to fix it.
Kane has said multiple times that it's against the rules, which is why it hasn't changed. I'm not sure how many more times he has to say that.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Old 07-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #21
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
Kane has said multiple times that it's against the rules, which is why it hasn't changed. I'm not sure how many more times he has to say that.
I never understood that because solid colored socks have adjustable length . If they didn't alter the stripes but just move their placement on the sock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 AM   #22
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

From my understanding of the NFL rule on stockings, the only approved stocking is a white sock from the top of the shoe to the mid-point of the lower leg, and then an approved team color from the mid-point to the bottom on the pant; with the pant covering the knee.

So, if that is the official rule - all other stocking versions in game are illegal; so if they are in the game then I question the reason for not having striped socks with varying heights.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:46 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
From my understanding of the NFL rule on stockings, the only approved stocking is a white sock from the top of the shoe to the mid-point of the lower leg, and then an approved team color from the mid-point to the bottom on the pant; with the pant covering the knee.

So, if that is the official rule - all other stocking versions in game are illegal; so if they are in the game then I question the reason for not having striped socks with varying heights.
To follow up on this point: The real problem is that Madden sees "socks" as one unit whereas in real life they are two-pieced as the post above mentions. In Madden, the white part (bottom part) of the striped socks is tied to the striped part (top part of the sock), while in real life the striped part with be a sort of legging players have from the knee until the sheen, and another totally different sock which they can adjust to the length they want.

Until Madden separates socks in this way, I don't think it will be possible to have proper looking striped sock lengths in the game. So it is not a rules issues, it is an issue of how they code the uniforms in the game.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #24
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
I'm going to find a way to make this right but it's not a simple fix honestly.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »