Home

The 4 Best and Worst Things We Know About Madden 18 So Far

This is a discussion on The 4 Best and Worst Things We Know About Madden 18 So Far within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #25
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The 4 Best and Worst Things We Know About Madden 18 So Far

I like the idea of the target passing, if it works properly and enhances ratings differences instead of negating them. As long as the ball doesn't go exactly to the target 100% of the time, and is dynamic based on the QB ratings, whether you're on the run or set, pressure, etc., it has a lot of potential.

I really picture it being a way to finally make fades work properly in the back corner of the end zone, as well as back shoulder throws. I just hope that they give the user a little extra time in the pocket to account for the extra input needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #26
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I'd add MUT squads to the worst along with no CFM improvements.
I was going to put MUT Squads into a neutral category just because I won't touch it but it's been something I always saw people asking for. But I can easily see it becoming something that's fun and popular at first but fizzles out really quick and again becomes that mode where barely anybody even plays it. Not only that but the cesspool that is MUT and online gaming will likely be in peak form in that mode as well.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

mmmm, not many people listing best, I see.

Best

1. Frostbite- Colors are popping(for me) and players look much better, plus, potential down the road.

2. Coaching Adjustments(Gameplay or CFM) - I don't really care either way, I've wanted this back in the game for a long time and so has the community.

3. Legacy Issues 80% fixed- Hoping for no more deer in the headlights speed kills stuff.

4. Offensive playcalling enhanced- Great addition over the stale playbooks over the past several years.

4b. WR/DB animations, very nice.

Worst

1. No significant improvements to CFM. CFM is strong here at OS, but as I noted earlier, you can tell the demographic is changing on Twitter and Facebook with all the MUT and DC noise. CFM needs to immerse a person much longer vs what we have now.

2. No significant improvement to QB animations/animations in general- More animations, the better the game will look.

3. No improvement to weather. We need to get the weather channel back

4. No offsetting penalties.

Neutral

1. Longshot

2. MUT Squads

I may not play these, especially MUT Squads, but I'm sure there will be a ton of people that will. ie, see MUT and DC.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
I completely disagree with the thought on target passing. First off Its an optional mechanic.

Secondly, the balls not tethered to a reciver anymore! Isnt that what weve been wanting? Im ecstatic and will put in the time to learn it.

Thirdly, I can understand being apprehensive about a new mechanic but listing it as a bad feature right away without letting yourself get used to it? Bad form!

This thought process and the complaints behind it are what make the devs scared to try new things and ultimately what led to the demise of the vision cone. Instead of improving it or at least making it optional, they flat took it out. Im afraid this is exactly what will happen with TP. Practice with it people, stop holding the game back, or dont use it, its simple.

Yeah but I want player ratings to matter and the development team clearly stated once you use target passing, it is all user control and QB ratings are null and void.

So yeah...while I wanted non teathered passing, I want simulation (ratings) to matter heavily in a dice roll on the ability to complete passes. I can learn it and master it (much like meter pitching on The Show and shot stick on 2K) and then make average and below average guys pitch and shoot like elite guys. Not fun for me personally.

So this is great for the tournament/competitive online crowd, but a useless (but sorely wanted) mechanic for the simulation crowd (and that includes online simulation leagues not just offline CFM vs the AI).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #29
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It's hard to put legacy issues into either category without any gameplay footage. Every year I hear about how ai players will take proper pursuit angles only to see them readjusting with every step or how blocking ai is fixed and then see the lead blockers all ignore the immediate threat to try and block a defender 10 yards away from the play.

Sometimes fixing an issue creates one too like having defenders hit invisible barriers as a fix to nano blitzes.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #30
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I like the idea of the target passing, if it works properly and enhances ratings differences instead of negating them. As long as the ball doesn't go exactly to the target 100% of the time, and is dynamic based on the QB ratings, whether you're on the run or set, pressure, etc., it has a lot of potential.

I really picture it being a way to finally make fades work properly in the back corner of the end zone, as well as back shoulder throws. I just hope that they give the user a little extra time in the pocket to account for the extra input needed.
It's not ratings based at all. That is what is a huge let down about it.

So hopefully next year they make it ratings based on "Simulation mode".
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's hard to put legacy issues into either category without any gameplay footage. Every year I hear about how ai players will take proper pursuit angles only to see them readjusting with every step or how blocking ai is fixed and then see the lead blockers all ignore the immediate threat to try and block a defender 10 yards away from the play.

Sometimes fixing an issue creates one too like having defenders hit invisible barriers as a fix to nano blitzes.
I am only going off of "what we know so far" without video game footage.(I do get your point, although, that's true about anything)

I did the same with offensive playcalling.

Last edited by roadman; 07-26-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #32
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I am only going off of "what we know so far" without video game footage.

I did the same with offensive playcalling.

I wasn't singling you out Road. Deuce also mentioned in his best and I think I saw it somewhere else in the thread.

Just offering my opinion that I can't put it in the best or worst category yet. Fixing legacy issues could be a best for sure, I just think its premature to say they have been with no visual evidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »