Home

Is it time for Madden to move up their release date?

This is a discussion on Is it time for Madden to move up their release date? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Is it time for Madden to move up their release date?

I think yesterday's 2k shot kind of strengthens my point.

Benefits to moving up the date:

-Coinciding with training camp, preseason, and the start of fantasy football season.

- Less marketing competition. Think about it, Madden is releasing their marketing stuff the sometime 2k is. Yesterday they took a direct shot at EA sports games. Move it up two weeks and you're minimizing that.

- less competition for video game sales. I mentioned this in my original post, but again they are releasing really close to te other games that come in fall. NCAA football was a great game, but it also had the benefit of releasing in July when there was virtually nothing else being released.

And selfishly, it gives me more time to play the game before splitting time with other games.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nah, the rosters would be garbage and its just too early. It builds the suspense this way and probably helps sales figures.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Only one year is not one year for sports titles, please realize this. There is not a clean point in time where development ends on one title and starts on the next. They probably already have some things in multiple stages of development for future titles (see: Longshot).

Moving release date up does not simply shift the development cycle on both sides. There would not be a corresponding shift to start work on the next title to coincide with the earlier release date.

The benefit of an earlier release date would be to satisfy your impatience.

Right on. I was just concurring with schnaidt in terms of overall dev time. It's always going to be roughly a year. Right now, it's roughly Aug to Aug. if u moved it to July, the dev cycle would be roughly Jul to Jul.

But, yeah, in terms of impatience, lol, I would like to see it released the first week of preseason. Or, what is the first overall preseason game, the Hall of Fame Game, I think? Yeah, release it then.

It's kind of tricky, though, honestly. They could do better to wait until the absolute reg season when rosters are finished. I can tell u, specifically, with the Falcons 2 years ago, I believe, they really had some preseason battles or they just let some people go I was surprised about, and their starting lineup, particularly on D, just wasn't set in stone. So, I started a CFM with the preseason roster, and when the true NFL reg season came, I was missing some players (I mean, maybe 5) that were starting that weren't even on my team, now. So, there's that.

The flip side to that, of course, is that some people want to have the absolute preseason roster and make their own decisions right away.

I think, in the end, I would still say first week of preseason, though. I mean, preseason doesn't mean much to all fans, but the fact that NFL teams are on tv means I want to play some madden. So, really, that's when it should be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It should release around the time the Hall of Fame game is played. At least until NCAA football comes back, then move it back out a little.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

all sports games should be released as soon as pre-season starts, the more time to find what bugs need to be fixed before the regular season begins, the better off we all are.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #30
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I use to love the early August releases. Its spacing was perfect for the release if NBA Live, back in the day.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

With no NCAA game, I would love to get my football video game fix a few weeks sooner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
I would say have them push it back to Week 1 of the NFL Season. That way we can have updated rosters and they can have a sale of Ultimate Edition, NFL Ticket Edition as well. Because, when i get the game its not the same until all Rosters are updated (in my opinion). Plus give the developers a week or so more of polishing up the game.
You only get an extra week for one year, then you're stuck with a year development and a late release until you switch. All that other stuff you mentioned can happen if you choose to just buy the game at the start of the regular season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »