Home

Thoughts on Longshot?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Longshot? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
Thoughts on Longshot?

Longshot was pretty awesome. The story pulled me in, the characters developed well, the moments of gameplay were great (especially with the high school games). I didn't realize how much time went by when I played this either.

I'm not saying it should have taken priority over franchise, but I'm not going to pretend I didn't like it either.

Controlling the football left an right after it was thrown was a little odd but that was about it.

What did you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Thoughts on Longshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
Longshot was pretty awesome. The story pulled me in, the characters developed well, the moments of gameplay were great (especially with the high school games). I didn't realize how much time went by when I played this either.

I'm not saying it should have taken priority over franchise, but I'm not going to pretend I didn't like it either.

Controlling the football left an right after it was thrown was a little odd but that was about it.

What did you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
😅 that's the exact same way I was feeling about it, since I was going to try the mode out and then get off after 20... 3 hours later I found out I was at the credits.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

I thought it was ok. Mainly just made me mad seeing how much work must of gone in to all of this acting and CGI and then CFM mode got a window dressing.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

I played it some and don't like it. First of all it's mostly on rails. You get very little actual control over where the story goes (that it is full of flashbacks requires this.) If you mess up a game or drill it just restarts you. I get no sense of accomplishment.

Most of the choices aren't choices, and the ones that are aren't fun. Most of the time it's going to circle you back to wherever the game needs you to go whatever you "decide," and the other times it's just a "who do I want to disappoint this time" type of thing where you have to dick over your friend to look good to the All-Seeing-Scouts who apparently watch your instagram but don't show up to your combine.

The highschool games are fun. The commentary is great. That's my only positive. I gave the mode way more of a shot than I thought it would (think I stopped at about 20%) but this sort of thing just isn't fun to me at all. I have 0 desire to continue.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

I enjoyed it myself. Finished it up today. There are things you can fail at but I don't like the ability to lose and continue anyway in certain situations. The high school stuff, 7 on 7 and the final game were my favorite parts of it. The characters were all around good and there were some pretty funny moments (the girl solider calling Colt out for being slow) but yeah I enjoyed it. Can't wait to see where it goes next year as my Wade and Cruise get to play for the Redskins!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

There really is no choices. The only choice that effects the ending is whether you throw to Colt or Forsett. Everything else is pretty much meaningless.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Cringey, liberal-feelie-fake-emotion stuff. Poor me crap. It's like America's Got Talent or other shows: has to be a sob story or it's a no-go.

Besides that it's a blatant rip-off of 2K's thing, and Rex's "They came at us bro" response to franchise....just absolutely pathetic.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 PM   #8
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Fyi if you create these guys the broadcast team calls their name.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »