Home

Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
honestly i think this is sorta where confusion is coming in when they talk dif styles currently. This statement sounds like higher catch rating in comp mode would = higher chance of int.

But then someone asked rex if thats how it is in comp mode, what about sim mode. He said its based purely on ratings....... both sounds about the same to me ... i dunno

The only thing that I can think of is that both modes are ratings based. The difference is that sim mode applies a "luck" factor to each outcome and Competitive would not

Richard Sherman wide open catch rating = 85;

Competitive mode = 85% chance of catching it.
Sim mode = 85 * .5 = 42% chance of catching it.

They give us just enough information for us to infer, confuse but not answer questions.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

A lot of these seem like competitive fixes but there are some really good one's that I like.

Low-Rated QB Accuracy

A little worried just because they worded it Low-Rated QB Accuracy because I think it needs to be toned down across the board but if this hits then this will by far be my favorite thing. I got so sick of giving up 20-25 games to mid-tier QB's and having all incompletions come from throwaways, dropped picks and QB hits.

Off-ball Injuries

This is great and I especially like the part about no injury animations on the field. I actually think the majority of injuries should be handled this way.

Ball Carrier Special Moves

Really like this as well. The ball-carrier moves overhaul last year fell pretty flat. I've been playing the older Madden's recently and I loved the moves in those games.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiied
The only thing that I can think of is that both modes are ratings based. The difference is that sim mode applies a "luck" factor to each outcome and Competitive would not

Richard Sherman wide open catch rating = 85;

Competitive mode = 85% chance of catching it.
Sim mode = 85 * .5 = 42% chance of catching it.

They give us just enough information for us to infer, confuse but not answer questions.
I don't really see the confusion, they're just removing some of the randomness from competitive mode. A bad pass to an open defender will more frequently be intercepted. In sim, it'll be closer to a ratings-based approach and the potential for a drop is higher.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #20
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I feel like size and weight is always an "improvement" each year......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
In sim, it'll be closer to a ratings-based approach and the potential for a drop is higher.
The confusion, for me, IS the randomness factor. If a cornerback has a 90 catch rating and is wide open for an interception, what variables come into play to why he would drop it?

I would be thrilled to find out that their stats team scoured years of interceptions rates and created a formula based on drop percentages and apply that as the "random" factor.

The fact that they obfuscate the algorithm contributes to my confusion. How is their random variable based in reality?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #22
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Most of these don't seem like they'd affect a player such as myself, but I do applaud them for recognizing and trying to correct these issues. Hopefully they make the difference.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #23
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Too funny. I will lab for myself. Still, used regular stiff arms repeatedly with little effect overall. Stiff arms used to be really fun.

Yup. Stiff arm has been too weak in madden for years, now. I've played with Steven Jackson and other strong stiff arm RBs (I've ALWAYS loved real life stiff arming. It's just the greatest to see an offensive player just throw off a defender with strength instead of spin moving or something.), and it has never had that OOMPH!! that it should have.

And, as to the celebrations. I believe in M16, LT + A was def celebration and that was causing some people to fumble. So, they switched it to LT+RT+A in M17. So, if that's what you're pressing, yeah, you're screwed! Lol.

U ever play nfl gameday? 97 and 98 had the BEST stiff arm EVER!! Lol. It was completely arcade style, I admit, but when u connected with a stiff arm, appropriately, u laid a fool OUT!! It was fabulous. I loved it.

So, it would be nice to see some more wins with stiff arm from high rated stiff arm RBs. The jukes needed to be tightened as well, so it would be great to see all that fixed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #24
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed

This list could've been longer, imo. Lol. Not pouring a full shaker of salt on it, because some of these items are great to hear. But, some I had no clue were issues (I don't play h2h, so some of those related issues don't even register in my gaming mind).

Definite positives for OS community, I would believe, are the QB inaccuracies. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this will work well out of the box. I believe with the advent of the sim game mode, they will feel well within their right to create these inaccuracies. And, the way the mention the different amounts of difference in the flight paths leads me to believe they have implemented this correctly. So, this is solid.

Off ball injuries or linemen injuries are welcome for sim CFM minded people for sure.

Now, the one that I hope works, but I will be skeptical until I see it is the momentum actually making a difference. This is one of those things u feel they've worked on b4, or mentioned b4, and it just falls short. Again, I like their description. They're trying to give a little 'coding info' if u will to back up their claim that 'hey, we really did do something here. We modified the code to recognize this better.' So, if this is better, this can make a big difference in tackling animations and whatnot.

Overall, a solid blog. Looking forward to seeing the game in action.

Edit: had to read it, again. Lol. It was a good list, actually. The addition of RAC directional control is great. I can't stand seeing my player just run out of bounds for no reason. Especially RB to the flat. This has driven me nuts for years, really (before RAC catch even existed, this has been a problem).

And, slower players catching faster players. This is another one of those things that u might not notice all the time, but when u do notice, I think it'll make the game look a little more realistic. U know those plays in real life, where the offensive player gets through 2-3 players at full speed and u just know he's gone? That hasn't existed in madden because of this type of 'glitch'. I'm curious if u can really feel/see the animation of the offensive player leaving the defenders in the dust.

Oh, and one more thing. Looking forward to hearing the audio on a hitstick tackle. Lol. We had a thread here about lack of tackle noise. And, while I have felt the tackle audio missing in many maddens (they just don't have that CRUNCH when pads and helmets collide, imo), I'm curious if they've implemented this better. I'm not looking for an arcade 'bowling pin crash' sound (which, I believe, was in a prior madden. Lol), I just want to hear the hit. And, putting this on the hitstick is fine by me as something to differentiate a normal tackle from a big hit. Looking forward to hearing what that sounds like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 07-27-2017 at 01:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »