Home

Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 18 Community Requests Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Great blog, remember these are community request, Im sure their are a lot more other gameplay improvements not considered community request but general upgrades. I like all of what I read except......

AI Defenders Swat vs. INT
Another top competitive community request was to remove outcomes where defenders would swat down what would have been an easy interception. On Competitive only, defenders will now always go for the INT on an open read on the ball.

Why only in comp mode? I feel these should be in sim mode too.
Because number of animations and interactions in the game.
When you watch a real life NFL game take note of how all the incompleted passes are made. All the different ways DBs break up passes, or QBs miss their target, etc

Madden only has animations to cover a fraction of those (not a slight on Madden, be a bit unreasonable to expect much more imo).

They want the game tuned to give realistic completion percentages and interception numbers. Hence, we get dropped interceptions. I never had that big of a problem with dropped interceptions because I recognized it was a less than ideal way to get realistic results.

Some of the other stuff in the blog I'm skeptical on. I want to see how well it was actually fixed, and whether or not it stays like that throughout the game's life. Like QB inaccuracies...wasn't this a focus a few years ago? I remember Rex hyping this in a gameplay stream.

Also disappointed that there were no small quality of life fixes for CFM. Maybe we will get a CFM blog, but I am doubtful.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 07-27-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #50
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGhost25
I just want some info on cfm ..please EA *after reading what 2k did to myleague and mygm *I think 2k might be taking the best sports game award this year*

Temper your expectations on that blog the dev team has come out and stated that cfm did not receive many upgrades those year. I'm hoping that the fixes in cfm are ones need like formation subs and in game injuries tied to big decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 08:58 PM   #51
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I liked a lot of stuff that was in the blog. So was this the legacy issues that they fixed?

Yes this is just a snippet of what they fixed

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 09:54 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I like the Size/Weight factor.
But I like to know how it expanded outside of hit stick. Will it affect OL/DL interaction, How is it on conservative tackles, WR/DB interaction?

Like lets say you have Blount(6'0 250lbs) vs. a 5'9 185lb DB in the open field. If Blount has a full head of steam, I would want to see Blount win 9/10 times. Also when it comes to WR/DB interaction. How will it be like a big WR like Jones/Green vs. 5'10 DB. In the past there never always seem to be a advantage for the bigger WR.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #53
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

But I like to know how it expanded outside of hit stick. Will it affect OL/DL interaction, How is it on conservative tackles, WR/DB interaction?

Like lets say you have Blount(6'0 250lbs) vs. a 5'9 185lb DB in the open field. If Blount has a full head of steam, I would want to see Blount win 9/10 times. Also when it comes to WR/DB interaction. How will it be like a big WR like Jones/Green vs. 5'10 DB. In the past there never always seem to be a advantage for the bigger WR.

Yeah, definitely. I'm hopeful, but gotta see it to believe it. Again, though, if fixed, or better, this can really make a big difference in overall gameplay. With all the people who've played saying the gameplay is much better, this might be one of the main things that makes a difference.

That being said, I reread the blog, and I hate seeing words like, 'now' we actually take weight and momentum into account. Lol.

C'MON, MAN!!!

Ugghh. Again, I'm happy they did it. Looking forward to it. But, how in the world do u have a FOOTBALL game that involves constant collisions on every single play, and u don't take weight and momentum into account?? Only 'now' u do this? Wow.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:34 AM   #54
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
User-controlled LBs
  • Users controlling a linebacker were able to take away most routes over the middle of the field in the past. We made some alterations to defender run curves and turn rates to ensure that only elite defenders are capable of making these types of plays. Lower-rated defenders will not be able to take away the middle of the field as effectively.[/*]

Thank you!!
Old 07-28-2017, 01:14 AM   #55
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

"When a user is on defense, in Practice, the AI will not snap the ball if it senses the user making defensive adjustments. This gives plenty of time to practice exotic defensive setups without having to be worried about the AI quick-hiking them."

I really like this addition which I have asked for in the past. I know many use a second controller, but many times I rather not have to deal with it.

The new defensive hot routes look great....

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 07-28-2017 at 01:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 02:32 AM   #56
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

From what it sounds like it only applies to ball carriers and tacklers, I doubt it applies in any other area in the game such of OL\DL and WR\DB interaction or they would have mentioned it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »