Home

Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 05:46 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
How will this factor into competitive sliders? I'm really not digging this if there's no risk of penalties in ranked games. Also I hope there's a limit of not allowing conservative tackling while strip ball aggressive is enabled (this was a big problem in NCAA).
Well, they did say "limited" penalties in competitive, not zero. I have a hunch that maybe in competitive, having some of these adjustments enabled is the only time you'll be subject to certain penalties (facemask and holding come to mind) That would place a much greater emphasis on the risk vs. reward element of those adjustments.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:52 PM   #18
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Can this be set to auto for the user?
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #19
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I understand why a lot of people would want the notifications off, but for me, seeing the "proof" that the CPU is effectively using the adjustments is a preferable scenario. If the sim community collective votes to have it turned off I'll be alright with it though.

Also, maybe increase utilization of the coaching adjustments by the CPU is something that can be tuned for sim style during the year.

For me, this also sort of replicates an assistant coach telling the coach, 'hey. They're really getting aggressive now, u might wanna think about that.' U know? So, really, for that reason, I think this is a good idea. And, yeah, it's also nice to know the CPU is doing something and actually using the 'code'. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Couple of things, though... will the playclock stop for you while you're making your adjustments? I would assume/hope so and the screenshot doesn't show the clock ticking but I think that's something to watch.
I'm uh...not sure how you expect a screenshot to show a clock ticking lol. Were you staring at it waiting for it to tick down to :48?

As for my feelings on the feature, its pretty much "meh."
Old 07-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Great additions. This stuff should lead to team/coaching styles. Teams like the Seahawks are obviously very aggressive on defense while the patriots usually play conservative. I hope this type of stuff is portrayed correctly in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Great additions. This stuff should lead to team/coaching styles. Teams like the Seahawks are obviously very aggressive on defense while the patriots usually play conservative. I hope this type of stuff is portrayed correctly in the game.
That is the reason I am indifferent towards this feature.
It will not lead to what you say. This is one of those implement and forget it features. They may tune it across the board, but it is doubtful it will ever be expanded upon.

It doesn't really add much in the way of strategic depth in my opinion.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Great concept, but I'm not crazy about how it's being implemented. In my opinion, it should be attached to team/coach/coordinator schemes/traits. But it is what it is since we don't have coaching staffs.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #24
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

This is something they could really build on once they eventually overhaul coaches / add coordinators. Different coaches could have different tendencies for making the adjustments, making each game against the CPU feel unique based on who their coaches are. Some coaches always go aggressive, some coaches switch adjustments at halftime while others don't, etc.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »