Home

Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2017, 02:41 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments

Dig the concept but l think 99% are just going to set it to agressive and leave it there. I understand the different implications for real world situational football but it wont work out like that in the game. Agressive will be the highest percentage at the very least defensively. Everyone will just use it I think.

Sent from my SM-A710K using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-29-2017, 04:29 AM   #34
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I am shocked that they didn't try to put this under the Franchise Blog....
Old 07-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #35
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofthedude777
Dig the concept but l think 99% are just going to set it to agressive and leave it there. I understand the different implications for real world situational football but it wont work out like that in the game. Agressive will be the highest percentage at the very least defensively. Everyone will just use it I think.

Yeah, u have to hope they've tuned this correctly. If u go all out aggressive, u should also give up easy TDs and miss tackles. If it's not tuned correctly, then you're right, this would be the way to go.

But, I could envision starting a game like this and giving up 2 quick TDs to a CB overplaying for an INT and the WR scores and a Missed tackle on a juking RB or something. And, then, as the coach, u would need to dial the pressure down, u know?

Again, it def comes down to the tuning. I'm hopeful they get it right. If done well, this could add an extra dimension to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #36
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:

Isn't this what happened in NCAA? Everyone just set everything to agressive bc the reward outweighed the risk
Old 07-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'd be a little disappointed if I wasn't under the pressure. It requires me to know my playbook and have a gameplan ahead of time. For me personally anytime I fall into that habit of "looking for a play" I tend to play my worst.
The defense having all day to pick their play would be a decidedly non simulation feature.

Quote:

People are always skeptical about any new feature implementation by the Madden development team, so while I agree that most people will probably put everything on Aggressive, I actually do expect the risk/reward factor to be tuned well.

What I hope doesn't happen is that Users who do just put everything on Aggressive don't cry that the game is broken when they are missing too many tackles, giving up too many catches, getting more penalties, and their players are getting more fatigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I am shocked that they didn't try to put this under the Franchise Blog....
I'm sure that it will be there too, and despite all of the teeth gnashing that doing so will cause people here and other places, it's a justifiable choice regardless of the reality that this can be used in all modes.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Isn't this what happened in NCAA? Everyone just set everything to agressive bc the reward outweighed the risk
No. Aggressive tackle in NCAA led to a lot of facemask penalties so i could not use it too often. I did use strip a decent amount but it would take a few guys to bring the ball carrier down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #39
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
No. Aggressive tackle in NCAA led to a lot of facemask penalties so i could not use it too often. I did use strip a decent amount but it would take a few guys to bring the ball carrier down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The only setting I kept at aggressive without a thought was pass rush. It was just about the only way to get consistent pressure. It was worth the few offsides penalties to me.

Can't speak for others but I didn't like the missed tackles when I changed the strip ball carrier to aggressive or the fumbles when I went with aggressive ball carrier.

I felt the reward for keeping things balanced and only strategically making changes. Like I remember starting out setting the catching to aggressive because the defensive backs were way overpowered out the box and instantly noticed receivers dropping wide open passes.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #40
MVP

I would like every player to have a trait in each of these categories and have an option to play to trait. Asking them to play out of trait shoud increase the chances for screw ups and and asking them to play to their traits should make them better. That way you could use the global setting situationaly and have players play their style the rest of the time. Would be another way to make players different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »